Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 417 Bike Park
  • gbr236
    Free Member

Hi
    I am thinking of booking an uplift day. Does anyone have any experience please of this relatively new location?
    Thanks

cokie

Good fun for a day out;
    – short tracks (max about 3 mins)
    – not difficult (chicken runs available too)
    – friendly staff (apart from some uplift drivers)
    – cracking Cafe
    – it’s really nothing like other trail centers/uplifts
    – indoor pump track & dirt jumps are alright

If you don’t build it up to be BPW and just go for a laugh, then it’s good fun. Something available for complete novices and experienced riders.

cokie

jamesfts
    Free Member

If you don’t build it up to be BPW and just go for a laugh, then it’s good fun.

This*

I’d held off going after hearing mixed things, went for an evening uplift and had a blast. Sounds like they’re only scratching the surface of the land available and have plans for more to come.

Some sections would be interesting in the wet.

*I had the same happen with BPW being built up then going and being disappointed.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Yeah cokie has it. Although now with the 4X and outside dirt jumps I’d like to go back

Northwind

I had a great day, but you do need to be up for riding the same tracks a fair bit (and if you’re not up for riding the harder stuff then that’ll narrow the options a lot). Nice cafe too. I’ll definitely be back.

Actually I just realised a thing I liked about it… At most uplift places, I’m constantly trying to get everything out of the day, never stopping, back in the bus, get another run in… At Flyup I felt much more relaxed. I think this is mainly because there’s less riding to do but it weirdly worked. I guess it’s all part of the more laid back, less corporate, more rough-and-tumble feel.

bikergbr
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice….will give it a whirl

mahalo

I enjoyed my day there the other week. i was working near by , got finished early so stopped on my way home. It was good in this respect but id have been less impressed if id had to drive a long way specifically for it. if your more than a few hours away you would definitely choose BPW over FU417.

it was very quiet when i was there. didnt enjoy the blue run much apart from them doubles at the bottom, which i sessioned alot while waiting for the uplift (the van was there but the driver was waiting for some mincers to make it down rather than drive me up on my own which was a bit frustrating) the black i felt was too tame in the most part but then has a few features that were way beyond me, but the red, with the new tabletoppy section, is really great fun!! ended up just riding this one over and over but cutting onto the 4X or slalom at the bottom. they are great fun too btw.

boltonjon

Went for the 1st time a few weeks back and loved it – especially the 4X track and the dual slalom – we had a proper giggle racing each other down it

The cafe is good and the bike shop is also pretty good

The pump track is a right laugh and proper punishes you if you keep at it – i had muscles aching which i didn’t even know i had

The push to the top after the uplift is a bit of a pain but i’ll certainly go back again 🙂

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Don’t think you need to book in the week very very quite looked dead this Wednesday.

astormatt
    Free Member

I went a few weeks ago and had a good day out, like has been said, as long as you dont go there thinking it compares to BPW i am sure you will have fun.
    Give it a year or 2 and i think it will be up there with bike park.
    I found the cafe a bit slow, good food, just slow service. Drivers were really good, a laugh and very chatty.
    I felt the whole day was more relaxed than BPW, me and my mate liked it so much we are back there this sunday.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Make the most of it before they build the tunnel there or new road from the top of Birdlip :lol:dont suppose it will happen for another 5/to 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘417 Bike Park’ is closed to new replies.