Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • 41 and single again…..
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Missus of nearly five years left the flat tonite… Feeling a bit numb tbh… Any tips serious or funny welcome!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bummer fella. Get yourself busy I say, whether with life or ladies…

molgrips
    Free Member

This weeks weather forecast is sunny and 25C

Ride your bike.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Bikes a given… Need to get fit for the corryarick at the end of June.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I hope you’ve already instituted naked Sundays in your new regime.

Stoner
    Free Member

you know how youve always wanted to pack a bivvi in a rucksack and walk the length of Norway* … now’s the chance.

* may be just me.

boltonjon

Sorry to hear your bad news pal

I’d recommend packing the bike in the car and go and find some epic trails – if you can persuade a mate or two to join you, even better 😀

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Yep just u… Ive got some time off booked in June so may do something adventurous then…. Suggestions welcome

flatback
    Free Member

move things about a bit, move the settee put the tv in a different spot, move the bed just change things about to where you want them, make the place feel like yours,

Bear
    Free Member

Karma. Wasn’t meant to be, but look back at the good times you shared rather than anything negative.
    Enjoy yourself, fill your new found own time as much as possible and enjoy yourself.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Drive around Scotland for a week or two hitting up as many spots as possible…

Unless you already live in Scotland… in which case… damn things really are crap.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Yep in Scotland although lots of places I wanna see here…

MartynS

don’t start drinking…

Ring a mate right now.

Make a list of stuff you couldn’t when you were with her, and sort out doing it

Junkyard
    Free Member

its gets better, be strong, get on with life.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

41 and single again…..

You lucky, lucky man! (even though I’ve no complaint about my Mrs at all, I quite envy you) But mebbe thats just me.

In the words of William Wallace, FREEEDOMM!

EDIT, ok mebbe a bit early for me to comment like that but, you’ll see.

mogrim

don’t start drinking…

Don’t start drinking regularly, a beer or two tonight is a different matter.

Spent the weekend doing a bike race with a mate, he’s 51, divorced, and has been seeing his current girlfriend for 4 years – he wasn’t over the hill, and nor are you.

Edit: this is possibly reading too much into the “41” bit of your post – I’m trying to say that you’re still young, and even if it’s a pisser right now there’s no reason it should be in the future!

Mikeypies
    Free Member

The King is dead long live the King

Dont do anything daft and ensure your income stream is protected (dont let your personal problems affect what you do to earn a living)

Tart up your home and youself and have some fun go and ride your bike, look forward not back

If you are a normal guy, dont have too much baggage and look half decent your are a rare commodity and will be in demand but take your time.

chakaping
    Free Member

New bike.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Yep. Normal guy, nay kids…not a bad job/income. Work should keep me busy/occupied

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Happened to me 2 years ago when I was the same age.

Got out on the bike a lot.took up running,did my first triathlon.Having some sort of goal helps keep you sane and the training put me in a better place.

I also made a list of things I wanted to do,10k run,cross europe road trip,a few gigs,that sort of thing.

Recconected with old friends again,which led to me having a brief relationship with a girl I knew from my school days.

Bit of dating for a while and now have steady girlfriend.

Keep a positive outllok,keep your mates close and it will work out fine.

BoardinBob

boltonjon

A relationship breakup this time last year got me back into cycling after 15 years with no riding

My weekends became mine again – shed loads of riding and discovering the amazing trails this country contains

Just think – the next ride you come home from, no one will get grumpy if you drag a bit of mud into the house!!

This is a new beginning – a new opportunity – enjoy it!!

project
    Free Member

She will be back, they always come back like homing pigeons, but they usually crap on you first.

billyboy
    Free Member

Rory Gallagher’s A Million Miles Away..played loud…used to help me.

I’m 55 with no significant other at present AND the QUIET can be quite friendly. Embrace it.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Lucky man, now go buy a Les Paul & a Marshall !

Kevevs
    Free Member

balls to all the positive stuff. Go to the pub and get pished! Then wake up and realise you can do whatever you want! wahoo 😀

brooess
    Free Member

Lots of time to ride your bike and do all the fun things you’ve been wanting to do for ages 🙂

thesoupdragon182
    Free Member

some one please tell me it wasnt only me who read the second post with a childish giggle his girl friend has left him he hasnt came out

anyhow sorry to hear it dude but think of the miles

mboy
    Free Member

lol @ BoardinBob, that’s quality!

Ride loads, do things you really like doing especially ones that were frowned upon by your ex, treat yourself a bit (if you’ve got the means) though don’t go overboard, but a couple of weeks away riding bikes would be good. And errrrr… Just wait whilst all the local single ladies form an orderly queue outside your front door, as at your age with a good job and capable of looking after yourself, you’re a rare catch!

kayak23

First things first, have a Sherman tank 😀

Just happened to me too, aged 38 after 3 years.
    I’m pretty sad but that’s to be expected but very pleased to have gotten my freedom back.

Went to wales, slept in the van with the mud and my bike, raced my bike this weekend….its all good.

Dating can do one right now. This is MY TIME again 🙂

Good luck to you man. Keep your chin up.

qwerty
    Free Member

Alcohol fixes everything.

Temporarily.

yunki
    Free Member

lucky sod

Suggsey
    Free Member

OI, GET OFF THE INTERNET AND GET THE F+_^ING DISHES WASHED!
    Then you can go have a beer at the local and arrange your weeks riding 😀

Cletus

Book at MTB holiday for a few months time. Lots of nice places to choose from (fancy Lake Garda myself) and lots of people go by themselves.

Will give you something to look forward too and a reason to train.

Cletus

Oh and try to get everything financial etc. sorted asap so it is a clean split

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Are you planning on stalking her now?

dogbert
    Free Member

worse things will happen, better things will happen, go do stuff you enjoy, don’t sit at the bottom of a bottle but do have a blow out with pals if possible.

marco
    Free Member

Francis Dunnery & It Bites helped me!
    eat me in st louis & thankyou and goodnight in particular!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Some very good advise. Even simple things like this makes a difference : “move things about a bit, move the settee put the tv in a different spot, move the bed just change things about…..”

We all have our brains “hard-wired” to expect certain things in our lives to follow a pattern, the hardest thing to deal with in these situations is when these expectations don’t happen, so change your life so that these exceptions no longer occur, or at least are minimised.

Make things as different as you can to how your life was up until tonight. Redecorate, buy new clothes, stuff like that, but most important of all, do different things. Start a completely new hobby, go to evening classes, learn a musical instrument/dancing, anything like that. And meet completely new people too. Keep away from alcohol. And let time do the rest. Good luck.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

TA all..liking the Mtb holiday idea.. Where’s best to go?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘41 and single again…..’ is closed to new replies.