Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 40th trip ideas
  • supercyril
    Free Member

My friends and I have been putting a whole £5 a week away into a joint bank account for some time now for a 40th birthday trip. It will be happening around July next year and the time has come to book something. The problem is that although these are my good mates that I went through school with and still see a lot off, our interests are now very different, ranging from scooter rallies and golf to cycling and that football.
    What we have managed to agree on is that none of us want a hangover style piss up but we would like to do something memorable (a major sporting event for example).
    Oh and there will be 9 of us and we will have about £750 each
    although we will add to it if required.

Any ideas would be helpfull before the next curry night/argument.
    Cheers

geetee1972
    Free Member

How about a trip to Le Mans? My brother used to do it with a group of his mates; one year they hired Range Rovers to travel down in, the next it was Mini Coopers. Even if you’re not into motor racing (a lot of blokes have at least a passing interest) there is so much else happening that it shouldn’t matter.

Would be about on budget and would be a cracking weekend.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Le Mans 24hr race

Isle of Man TT races.

Both motorsport related, but I’ve been to both with none motorsport people and they loved it.

Edited to say – Beaten to it!! 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Great minds mate. It’s the obvious answer!

supercyril
    Free Member

I’m liking the idea of Le Mans. TT was mentioned last night out but I can’t remember what the general feeling for it was. It’s pretty close to us too.

tonyd

Le Mans – it’s an absolutely cracking weekend.

Last time I went we booked up a night at a fancy chateau on the way home. It meant after a weekend of little sleep and camping we only had a short drive (about 90 minutes once out of Le Mans) before we could have a nice relaxing shower and drink some fine wine with a lovely meal. Otherwise with the race finishing at 3pm, a good 2-3 hours to get out of the place, and a race to the ferry/tunnel it feels a bit rushed.

I can’t wait to go again.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Sporting event but relatively cheap for next July

How about

Le Tour

A little cycle/scooter tour to northern france with a round of golf thrown in

Everyone’s a winner

ampthill

Sounds great and that’s a good budget. Nearly enough to get you in a fleet of yachts in the med, even if non of you have sailed before. I’m thinking Neilson. Or a Neilson beach club cycling and water sports

Or a really good venue. Say a big house in Devon and an itenary of activities: Quad biking, surfing lesson, clay pigeon shooting, gliding, coastering, deep sea fishing, gliding….

Edric64
    Free Member

Narrow boat trip through France ?

kayak23

High class hookers and a sack of coke?

Incidentally, I’m going to Peru for mine, in a month…

geetee1972
    Free Member

Kayak Peru in a long way to go for for high class hookers and coke although I guess the coke will be fresher and uncut.

convert

2nd the Neilson type holiday idea if le mans does not come off.

jekkyl

I was fancying Ibiza for 4 nights for my 40th in 2 years, sure there’s some cycling there too. You can go somewhere with a rep as a party town and just enjoy the ‘sights’ and drinks and food and the beach.

withersea
    Free Member

Another vote for le mans, my all time favourite weekend. Would have been perfect if they still had the seedy strippers in portakabins, instead watch cars, eat, drink and go on the fun fair!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘40th trip ideas’ is closed to new replies.