Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 40T sprocket and 10-spd SLX M675 – will OneUp RAD cage solve shifting woes?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Mech won’t come off the second 36T cog. Will a RAD cage solve this problem?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I could just about get shifting ok with the same set up but add dirt and wear and it was rotten. Rad cage sorted it.

oldnpastit

XT rear mech, 40t (Hope) with 11-36T XT cassette and it’s been fine.

honourablegeorge

My shifting was fine without, but then when I fitted the Rad cage, I realised how much better it could be.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Running a 42t one-up with a long cage M675 no problems at all.
    B limit adjusted?

Northwind

I think you have a shifting/tuning issue rather than a parts issue. But, radcage makes shifting better and is a good idea regardless. (I had my shifting working fine without but it was highly strung and didn’t take much to upset it, the radcage means it’s as reliable and tolerant as any other shifting. Totally worth it)

That said, we’re fast getting to teh point where shifting to 11 might just make more sense.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I think you have a shifting/tuning issue rather than a parts issue. But, radcage makes shifting better and is a good idea regardless

Yep, you’re probably right. Seemed to be fine until I rode in sandy/gritty dirt. I’m pimping my 10-speed and waiting for 12-speed to filter down to SLX level. Seems like moving to 11-speed to then only do it all again in two or three years could be a waste.

Cowman

Have you tried a goat link? Worked wonders for me and lots cheaper

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘40T sprocket and 10-spd SLX M675 – will OneUp RAD cage solve shifting woes?’ is closed to new replies.