Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 400mm seatposts?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Other than thomson – what 400mm seatposts are there – cheaper the better! Lightish please

mk1fan
    Free Member

CRC Brand-X do a 400mm post. Cheap but heavy, very heavy.

Superstar did a 400mm carbon post but I think they've stopped selling them.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

On One Twelfty are good

racing_ralph
    Free Member

needs to be lighter than the scaffold pole i have

julianwilson
    Free Member

U.S.E. sumo?

z1ppy

I got a cheap 400mm "push" one from JE James, 330g not the greatest clamp but at a quarter of the price for a Thomson I'll live with it.

69er
    Free Member

EA70 for a big geezer here. Been using them for years. Never a problem, and I'm not very 'subtle' (read good/light/skilled) on a bike.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

most U.S.E posts come available as 400mm rob…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

cool – sommat go go at 🙂

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Another vote for On-One twelfty. Machines from billet and lighter than thomson. Just happen to have one for sale after my recent 575 purchase as it needs a 30.9

racing_ralph
    Free Member

how much?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

There's some on ebay, most appear to be Kalloy ones, I have one, it's not light as such, but at that length I prefer a bit of extra metal.

Funny story, I was actually after one between 500 and 600mm, but no one does them, so an hour ago I chopped the head off one, fitted a QR clamp and inserted another seat post. I now have up yo 800mm of seat post, which should do the job.

Northwind

Raceface do various 400mms, I've got a Next 400mm post somewhere. Or gravity dropper 😉 On One Twelfty is probably the sensible choice mind.

grumm
    Free Member

There's a ritchey comp one on CRC which is pretty light and 400mm I think

Funny story, I was actually after one between 500 and 600mm, but no one does them, so an hour ago I chopped the head off one, fitted a QR clamp and inserted another seat post. I now have up yo 800mm of seat post, which should do the job.

That's a joke right? I can never tell on this site.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

woop only need 350mm – the oem one is 300mm 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

Syncros do a 400mm post, you can find them on the Stif website.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Used Ritchey:bent it.

Wtb TXC a solid post with layback.

Nuke pRoof warhead was nice. No layback.

In fact my txc is up for grabs. 30.8mm for specialized.

Si
    Free Member

Thomson

racing_ralph
    Free Member

cheaper the better!

Si – Member

Thomson

spaz

Si
    Free Member

Thomson?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

twins?

will
    Free Member

PJM1974 – Member
    Syncros do a 400mm post, you can find them on the Stif website.

I have one. It's very nice 🙂

Driller
    Free Member

Nuke proof do a 400mm I think, it might even be 440mm.

They're a similar design to Thomson, but not quite as good, but cheaper, and still good.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

That's a joke right? I can never tell on this site.

No, no, I have a bike I've built up, put a 400mm seat post in, but it was a couple of inches too short for pedalling up hills. The new 'arrangement' is probably stronger as now I have 8 inches inside the frame and only a little extra length. The seat post is pretty beefy, being a 31.6mm thats 3mm thick and it's only on full height for pedalling up climbs and I'm stood up on the DH bits. Will get you a picture and let you know if it snaps!

james
    Free Member

Bontrager do them (in 27.2 or 31.6, with 5 or 25mm offsets). I think mmine is called a Race X-lite. Its an ACC (alu. core construction) one

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘400mm seatposts?’ is closed to new replies.