Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • 40 next year. What should I give up?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

very depressing thread. but if you must ask, fags, give em up. then fizzy drinks of any sort, those labelled low fat, diet etc are full of other crap. then forget this giving up idea. give that up and start a bucket list and pick something from it! job done.

leffeboy

Wasting time on the internets :(. Wishi could give that up

Northwind

Givin a fuhhhh

VanHalen

drinking is a tough one. hangovers are rough. i dont like getting massively steaming drunk (like i did saturday) as the sunday is painful and i feel like i owe it to my kids to be vaguely receptive and interactive. However getting massively drunk can be very entertaining and fun – we had a bunch of people over and loads of beer real ale it was great to renew those friendships. there is fine line between being useless the day after and having fun the night before though.

a couple of pints and i dont seen to suffer the next day. well depending on the beer – some make me sneeze like a very sneezy thing. luckily harveys doesnt. nomnomnom unfortunaly guiness does. i bloody love guiness too.

GrahamS

This helped me a lot when I turned 40.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdkaRmRC2H0[/video]

hammerite
    Free Member

Flossing has been discredited? Didn’t know that.

But have you ever sniffed floss after a flossing session? It stinks and if that’s going to help keep my breath passable then it’ll do. That said, will using interdental brushes have the same affect?

pictonroad

I got upsold a water flosser by the dentist so I’m all over that…

fatbikedog
    Free Member

Give up worrying. Make the most of it. I am 20 years older than you and still do everything, but a bit slower.

vickypea
    Free Member

I’ve just turned 48, and I suggest thinking about what you might want to start rather than what else to give up. I took up MTB just before my 40th, and got hooked 🙂

teasel
    Free Member

I suggest thinking about what you might want to start rather than what else to give up.

Definitely. Same age here and I can’t learn and put into practice enough new things at the moment – there isn’t enough time in the day or night.

pictonroad

Interesting how this is interpreted. Some people see this as a negative post. I’m not known for being overwhelmingly positive myself, to me this is a very positive step.

What I don’t need is more things to do, there really aren’t enough hours in the day.

dudeofdoom

I”ve found that I’m more choosey over the beer I drink,nowadays it’s more quality over quantity.

It’s just a matter of balance with food tbh….as long as your not kidding yourself on food a god varied diets not a bad thing ….I eat sht now an then but mostly balance it with healthier toss.

Wearing lycra an a mirror sorta helps regulate diet 🙂

Oh and give up worrying about having too many bikes, its not possible.

Harry_the_Spider

Sex. Whether you want to give it up or not.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘40 next year. What should I give up?’ is closed to new replies.