Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • £40 for this little retro gem (with photos)
  • squiff
    Free Member

Just bought this off a mate who found it in next doors skip after they had moved house.

Its quite light and rides really fast and the gears shift perfectly still and the brakes are still in good working order. It’s been well looked after with only a bit of rust.

I am just wondering if anyone knows anything about these bikes, am guessing its form the 1990s.

neil853
    Free Member

What do you need that for???????? Even the 575 is beeter than that 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

headset, stem and pedals look like they’re were stolen from mrsconsequence’s old ladies appolo! still… nice colour 🙂

jimc101
    Free Member

Low end team replica, from the mid 90’s as still has canti’s, but aboslutly nothing special; all low end groupset and generic crank.

Saying that it’s the ride not the bike that matters 😀

wwaswas

You don’t see many bikes on here with a full set of reflectors attached…

philconsequence
    Free Member

it’s the ride not the bike that matters

+1squillion

ourmaninthenorth

Cheapo SS hack conversion comuing up..!

crispedwheel
    Free Member

I’d put a bit more of that quill stem back in the headtube to be on the safe side…

rOcKeTdOg

You bought it off a mate knowing the provenance? Some mate!

squiff
    Free Member

Just had a spin on it and it rides great and the gears shift great too, a nice play about bike me thinks 😀

mogrim

You bought it off a mate knowing the provenance? Some mate!

Some mate to sell it to you!

rOcKeTdOg

That’s what I said !

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I like it, looks like a pub bike, a knocking around bike but one you could take offroad a liitle, exactly the sort of thing I need in Newcastle to go biking with my daughter.

Speshpaul

Bang for buck you’re on to a winner there. Enjoy.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

That’s the posh version of my mate’s old Giant GSR 200, it’s a nice looking bike.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

A bit like my old Spesh Hard Rock which now lives a life of semi-retirement at the in-laws. Still gets some off-road action now and again, but I don’t miss canti brakes 😯

squiff
    Free Member

exactly the sort of thing I need in Newcastle to go biking with my daughter.

Just my thoughts when taking my son out on the tag-a-long

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘£40 for this little retro gem (with photos)’ is closed to new replies.