Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 4 people, 4 bikes & kit……in a Galaxy…….
  • finners

No, not far away….. Is it possible for a trip to the alps??

DickBarton

Should be, but probably need to remove and compact everything on the bikes. Middle seat down in middle row will give more space. How long you going for? Probably need 2 bags each – 1 with riding gear and 1 with ‘normal’ gear – get those packed first and fill the floor space but keep it all low. Seatpins and a couple of wheels in middle row space and then bikes packed in on top of bags – with padding round them.

Reckon it’ll be proper tight and also depends on the bikes you are taking…suspect up to 140mm travel should be ‘ok’ but any more and it may be a proper task!

soobalias
    Free Member

yes.

i go with take the wheels out and lay the frames flat in the middle of the back (rearmost(x2) and middle middle seats out)

easy

wwaswas

big roof box for most of the luggage in soft bags would help. If you do make sure you let the ferry company/eurotunnel know.

lister

2 people, camping kit and bikes in a Fiat Seciento is easy, you’re laughing with 4 up in a Galaxy.

I’d have wheels off, stem and bars off as one and pedals off. Frames lie flat, wheels stack vertically on top. Kit not in big bags to use all the spaces between all the parts.
    Jobs a good ‘un 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

What wwaswas said. Roof boxes are awesome.

MarkyG82

Did a similar trip when younger with the ‘rents in an Espace.

Took the three middle seats out and me and bro sat in the very back. Stacks of room in the middle plus the small bit for packs, helmets and spares behind the rear seats.

charliedontsurf

Galaxy!!! Lucky bourgeois sod
    I have got three 6 foot+ blokes and bikes and camping kit and food for three days IN a £300 mondeo hatch.
    🙂

finners

maybe a bit of a long shot, but does anyone have any pics of their achievements?! 😀

takisawa2

I dont think the seats come out the latest Galaxy…

So assuming your referring to the older Galaxy, yes easily. Rear & middle seats out. Three bikes upright down centre & one with wheels off in boot. For a bit more room, all wheels off, seat/posts out & they will all stack in the back easily.
    My 29er stands upright down the centre.

Great car the Gal-Shamb-ran, but get good breakdown insurance. 😉

jameso

3 riders + bikes and kit plus a lot of spares (workstand, spare wheels and fork, toolkit etc), for a 2 week trip in a galaxy, was fine so 4 should be doable, at worst with a rack / box, or a wheel on your lap here and there.

terrahawk
    Free Member

we had 3 bikes, 3 blokes and all our camping stuff, food and clothes in twinklydave’s Meriva no problems, comfy all the way to France…so a Galaxy would take 4 no problem at all.

ampthill

I’ve done 4 bikes and 4 people but no luggage in A Scenic (the 7 seater)

we just took out one rear seat behind the driver. 4 bikes in the boot at an angle job done

I’m sure a galxy which is much biggere could do luggage as well

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘4 people, 4 bikes & kit……in a Galaxy…….’ is closed to new replies.