Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 4 minutes of your time please,contains upsetting content, hankies at the ready
  • project
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkjRvsT8f5k[/video]

Please send a link to any driver who still thinks it ok to play with a phone while driving.

deepreddave
    Free Member

12 month ban and car sold with proceeds to the state. I reckon that would pay for itself and reduce offending pretty quickly.
    Whilst it’s never acceptable to use your phone whilst driving, it amazes me how many drivers of £30k+ refuse to get hands free fitted.

tthew

Whilst it’s never acceptable to use your phone whilst driving, it amazes me how many drivers of £30k+ refuse to get hands free fitted.

Surely drivers of 30k+ cars already have it built in. Presumably they can’t be arsed to find out how to operate it.

But I’m on the fence about phone use in any form, hands free or not I reckon it’s distracting.

shooterman

Hands free doesn’t stop folk texting whilst driving.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I can text hands free, I’ve done it on a motorcycle even. For me any phone interaction is at the very least a small distraction even hands free

bikebouy
    Free Member

I struggle with any sympathy in this instance.

scruffywelder
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    I struggle with any sympathy in this instance

For who?

martinhutch

I’m being generous and assuming he means the texting driver. I hope so anyway!

yetidave
    Free Member

he wasn’t texting, he was changing music on his phone. Eyes off the road, not paying attention. Either way he has destroyed a family.

convert

I have vowed never to use my phone or text (or check a text) whilst driving again*. I’ve got to admit that like many when mobile phones and texts first became a thing I did in the past – not in a daft way but definitely distracting and in a way I would not dream to do now. How many people however use their phone to stream or store their music in the car? And then access it direct from their phone rather than via an integrated headset? Or use their phone as a sat nav? I stream from spotify and occasionally use my phone as a satnav which would occasionally require looking at the screen and/or touching it whilst it’s in a holder but would not dream of texting. I’m not sure it is any better.

*I would however use my phone when in totally static motorway traffic jams to tell other I’ll be late which I believe is still illegal even if the engine is off.

project
    Free Member

Surely drivers of 30k+ cars already have it built in. Presumably they can’t be arsed to find out how to operate it.
    But I’m on the fence about phone use in any form, hands free or not I reckon it’s distracting.

as i drive quite a bit and have numerous phone calls that all go to voice mail, and voice mail tells them to leave a message because im driving, for 2 very simple reasons, its illegal to drive and use a mobile thats not hands free, and 2 how the hell can i write somebodies addrerss and phone number down when driving anywhere,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘4 minutes of your time please,contains upsetting content, hankies at the ready’ is closed to new replies.