Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 255 total)
  • 3rd test, spoilers within
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And that came just as I was reading this on CricInfo…

“Cook has just handed the psychological momentum squarely back to India,” says Mark Beckers. Surely India are itching to encash that psychological momentum. The Indian openers won’t like the uneraseable smiles on the English team who are in a huddle.

I feel quite giddy.

yossarian
    Free Member

😆

Sehwag is class too, poor bugger.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

CricInfo…

We’ve been expecting you, Mr Dravid

😀

Houns

That’s it boys, sprint to the other end between overs

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just one quick question, don’t know if it’s been answered before but why no reviews on lbw shouts??

hilldodger
    Free Member

Both teams have to agree to what decisions may be reviewed, India agreed to catches and line decesions but not lbw decisions

Klunk
    Free Member

Just one quick question, don’t know if it’s been answered before but why no reviews on lbw shouts??

IMO scared of Swans pitching middle hitting middle delivery. The Indians play it with big stride bat tucked behind the pad (preventing any chance bat pad catch) offering no shot. Umpires don’t like giving it because of the big stride, Hawkeye gives it out.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah swan had a very valid shout turned down late on. It seems odd to me to omit certain things. Can’t ever imagine Nadal saying to Fed right we’ll have baseline but not service line???

zokes
    Free Member

Yeah swan had a very valid shout turned down late on. It seems odd to me to omit certain things. Can’t ever imagine Nadal saying to Fed right we’ll have baseline but not service line???

Well, whilst hawkeye in cricket is pretty good at predicting the line of the ball, it is still just predicting it. In tennis, it’s simply replaying what actually happened, so much less error…

wrightyson
    Free Member

But surely that’s all an umpire is doing, just “predicting” Im sure it’s gotta be more accurate than steve davis’ been in this test so far!!

zokes
    Free Member

But surely that’s all an umpire is doing, just “predicting” Im sure it’s gotta be more accurate than steve davis’ been in this test so far!!

I agree wholeheartedly, but the reason I’ve stated is the reason why it took so long to be properly adopted at all. I guess this is the excuse the Indians use.

wrightyson
    Free Member

All that aside, all out for tea??? Reckon swan’s gonna get it dancing later on!!

yossarian
    Free Member

I’m desperate to see India put up a fight today. Hopefully it will turn into a really good contest with England’s quicks bowling line & length with Swann turning it sideways. Would love to see Tendulkar get a big score.

I want to see us really have to work for this and put in a properly disciplined performance. South Africa will not be as generous this winter and we need to get into good habits now.

Houns

35/2!!!

Stoner
    Free Member

not a very strong wall….

Houns

40/3!!!

yossarian
    Free Member

In fairness jimmy is bowling right on line and at a perfect pace.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

😯

Houns

Just got a message from Blowers, made my day, he called me “His dear old thing”

Houns

All out for lunch?!!

56/4!!

yossarian
    Free Member

Into the tail now

zokes
    Free Member

Yes, the tail, and the world’s best batsman…..

Houns

Whooop!

ianpinder
    Free Member

and the world’s best batsman…..

We don’t have to get him out though!

Houns

But we can 😀

zokes
    Free Member

Indeed

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And this tail won’t wag – the dog was put down ages ago.

Houns

130/7!

Hopefully get them out just in time for the Rugby kick off

psychle
    Free Member

Sad and pathetic effort from India, a real shame that they’ve played so badly in this series, bad for Test cricket I think… some patches of brilliance during the 3 Test’s so far (mainly from England it has to be said) but overall a really disappointing set of games…

Congrats to England though, they look the business, deserving of the Number 1 spot definitely. But let’s see how they go away from home eh? Though, tbh, I reckon they’ll do fine 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

let’s see how they go away from home eh?

Remind me how they did last time they were away from home, psychle…

psychle
    Free Member

that was then, this is now Aracer… jeez… 🙄

And have they played away from home since then? no…

aracer
    Free Member

And this tail won’t wag

What was that you were saying?

yossarian
    Free Member

Almost there

psychle
    Free Member

96 runs from 10 overs, at least they were entertaining the crowd 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

How is the Australian team rehabilitating psychle? Any new faces? Genuine question, not taking the mick (yet)

psychle
    Free Member

Nah, not really, the general opinion seems to be that our Cricket Board needs to be shot tbh… this is our list of current contracted players, not many new names in there is there? Usman Khawaja is supposed to be an up-and-comer and there’s still hope held out for Phillip Hughes… How Simon Katich isn’t in that list is a mystery (and a bloody crime if you ask me…)

Houns

NUMBER 1 !!!!!

allthepies
    Free Member

w00t

yossarian
    Free Member

yossarian
    Free Member

Let’s not forget that we got there by hammering the previous no 1 team by an innings and 200plus runs. Usually we only beat the minor teams like Zimbabwe and Australia that heavily.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 255 total)

The topic ‘3rd test, spoilers within’ is closed to new replies.