Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 3gs or 4 ?
  • Is it time to get the 3gs as now its free or pay £100 or so more for the 4

any one any ideas

regards j

cynic-al
    Free Member

Definitely.

coogan
    Free Member

spacemonkey

Have had my 4 a week now. It's seriously rapid and had no issues with reception.

Not for me to say if it's worth the extra because it depends what you want to use it for. But for me, I'm well impressed.

jam-bo

If you can afford it get the 4

kiwijohn

is good thing

richcc
    Free Member

4 – though the 3Gs has got a degree of retro charm. If that's your thing I've got an old skool Nokia you may like?

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Get the 4, i had the same choice with the 3G and the 3GS, went for the 3 and now somewhat regret it because although it works well enough I'm sure by the end of my 2 year contract there'll be an iphone 4S or 5 or whatever they're going to call the next one, and then I'll be well behind the times!

richcc

how much are you after for old skool nokia ? (as long as its 9+ years old and with shagged battery)

becky

know what u mean but £100 is a fare chunk of cash .

also how much better is the battery life than 3gs

only want vodafone and around 500 ish + text so which do you guys think is best??????

cheers all for help

??????????????????????

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If all you wants it phone call mins and texts then I wouldn't get an i phone!!!???? you want an i phone for all the other stuff it can get you.

CountZero

4. No argument. The camera is better, the GPS is very fast and accurate in locking on, even indoors, amazingly. I've had Google maps showing the blue dot on top of my house when I'm sat in the living room, and it's brilliant with Viewranger, Copilot Live and UK map. Even little things, like spirit level apps work better because the flat sides let you stand the phone on a surface without holding it, and a torch app I got last week that uses the 4's LED flash is really handy when you can sit the phone on a flat surface while doing something that needs both hands is useful. Oh, and the screen is amazingly good. Other than more memory and storage, I can't imagine how much more it could be improved.

bol

Munge chick
    what you mean it can get me a swiss bank full of cash , hot young babes and free new bikes of my choice ?????
    WHERE DO I SIGN
    (had imacs at home since 05 so not jumping on fashion thing)

COUNTZERO
    asked friend same Qs and he has 3gs he is not going to 4 . lot of probs with them from others that have them . would pos go for a 4 in 6 months or so when they have proved more reliable ?

thats why me thinks 3gs is poss good to go for as all sorted out now .

but like the torch thing as very dark in winter where i live (no streets or lights)

CountZero

What problems? The rate of return is apparently much lower than the 3Gs, most reported issues are with American users who have a crappy network, and are only too ready to demand compensation for any tiny issue that most people wouldn't even notice. I damaged the back case on my 3G when I dropped it on the headphone plug which cracked the plastic, the steel surround on the 4 is immune to that. The flat glass is easier to hold; I honestly think it's a better engineered device. I had my 3G for eighteen months and used it constantly, but the 4 just does everything I've wanted a smartphone to do for years, and was repeatedly disappointed. iBooks is excellent as an ebook reader too.

CaptJon
    Free Member

CountZero – Member
    4. No argument. The camera is better, the GPS is very fast and accurate in locking on, even indoors, amazingly. I've had Google maps showing the blue dot on top of my house when I'm sat in the living room, and it's brilliant with Viewranger, Copilot Live and UK map. Even little things, like spirit level apps work better because the flat sides let you stand the phone on a surface without holding it, and a torch app I got last week that uses the 4's LED flash is really handy when you can sit the phone on a flat surface while doing something that needs both hands is useful. Oh, and the screen is amazingly good. Other than more memory and storage, I can't imagine how much more it could be improved.

I'm trying to work out whether you're taking the pish.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘3gs or 4 ?’ is closed to new replies.