Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 3G Tablets
  • Innes
    Free Member

Anyone use one?

Would like one for emails on the go a bit better than a phone with a bit of very mobile day to day computer things for work.

Are they any good as pay as you go?

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Wifi Tether to phone

Innes
    Free Member

Is that reliable?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yes* but will drain the phone battery quicker.

*If it’s on your plan as some specifically exclude teathering

mav12
    Free Member

i have a galaxy tab 7 inch 3g witha t mob sim £20 for 6 months unlimited surfing and 500mb data workes pretty well

fivespot
    Free Member

mav12 is that T Mobile offer still on. On my tablet this very moment in work, that deal would be great for what I need.

Cletus

I bought one of these

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lenovo-ideatab-a2107-7-3g-tablet-16-gb-19318590-pdt.html

7″ tablet with 3G for £150 – not as good a a Nexus 7 screen and processor wise but ok for most things – giffgaff payg data sim works ok

Innes
    Free Member

That is quite affordable for what I need. The Nexus 7 looks good but is about £100 more.

pete68
    Free Member

Tethering is all very well, providing there’s wifi to tether to! I use my I pad 3G when away camping and at races/events and there is quite often no wifi in the more rural areas.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Pete, the phone generates a wifi signal, but it can do so from a 3G input signal. Ergo, if your 3G Ipad would work, then tethering would also.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Neither a 3G tablet, or wifi tethering to a 3G phone, will route to the Internet if there is no 3G network

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘3G Tablets’ is closed to new replies.