Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 3D bored already
  • spanishbarry
    Free Member

Fed up of seeing every new film release hyped up in 3D ,Ok Ive seen a few and to be honest the storys were lame or remakes of old films .
    Is it just a ploy by the big production companys to cut down on film piracy in cinemas.
    In this day and age of charging more for less it is a bit of a suprise that the public dont get charged extra for watching in 3D or is it the case of there would be a lot less people viewing in 3D

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

First and foremost I would rather see a "good" film in 2D than a generic Hollywood "blockbuster" in 3D.

3D is OK as a gimmick or if the film (like avatar) was filmed purposely to be in 3D.

If you are a spectacle wearer like my good self then wearing them 3D glasses means popping my daily disposable contacts in for a couple of hours just to watch a film.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

3d is an anti-piracy device in the cinema and another label to sell televisions that means nothing like hdtv, 360 or 3DultraDef.

Viewers who like being poked in the eye will be most likely to upgrade.

retro83
    Free Member

3d is an anti-piracy device in the cinema and another label to sell televisions that means nothing like hdtv, 360 or 3DultraDef.

no idea what 360 or 3dultradef are, but if you think 'HDTV' means nothing perhaps you should visit the opticians

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bluray or HD has it's place. 3d not so.

_tom_
    Free Member

I hate the 3D gimmick, it works ok but its annoying having to wear glasses. Would rather watch a well made 2D film with a good storyline than a vfx treat with shite storyline (Avatar, for example).

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

vfx treat with shite storyline (Avatar, for example).

I think Avatar looks better in bluray than it did in 3D at the flicks.

And it was a shite film.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Of course, the big question is, when will the first 3D bongo film come out?

RealMan
    Free Member

+1 for avatar being crap.

jwt
    Free Member

3D is the new Blu-ray /HD cash cow to milk the buying public with.Everyone who has recently bought a 'full hd' tv for bluray playback, now not only needs a new tv and blu ray player(and AV reciever), but they'll probably be told they need a new HDMI cable as well……..

Another quick thought,the last time a viewing system was touted as the next big thing that fooled the brain into believing the eye was seeing 3D images from a pair of 2D images, it has since dissappered without trace due to problems similar to the ones reported by some viewers of new 3D technology, headaches,dizzyness, loss of depth perception when in normal viewing, so where is virtual reality now?

_tom_
    Free Member

Bluray/HD isn't really a gimmick as the difference between that an SD is quite big – I like crystal clear picture! 3D is just an annoying extra that doesn't really enhance the viewing experience (for me anyway).

samuri
    Free Member

If you are a spectacle wearer like my good self then wearing them 3D glasses means popping my daily disposable contacts in for a couple of hours just to watch a film.

The glasses they gave out at avatar fit over my glasses fine.

grumm
    Free Member

Bluray/HD isn't really a gimmick as the difference between that an SD is quite big

Only if you have an enormous chav telly. 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

BTW Mark Kermode's rants on the subject of 3D are quite entertaining.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

grum – Member
    BTW Mark Kermode's rants on the subject of 3D are quite entertaining.

+1

Like most of his rants 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘3D bored already’ is closed to new replies.