Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 36T Chainrings that are compatable with 10speed.
  • roddi18
    Free Member

As the title says really.
    I have changed everything on my ht to 10 speed but didnt account for the front ring being as worn as it turned out to be.
    I ordered a new ring from descent gear on friday, i asked whether it was compatable with 10 speed, as i didnt have a computer near by to check, and was told it was only to find that it actually isn’t upon fitting. The ring is too wide for the 10speed chain and the chain sucks back up around the ring if you turn the pedals.
    Sooooo, which rings are compatable?
    This was a e13 ring.

Cheers
    Matt

geetee1972
    Free Member

If you’re only running a single ring, then all chainrings are compatible with 10 speed chains. It only makes a difference when you’re shifting between two rings.

I’ve got a Renthal on one bike and an XTR middle ring on the other. Both are just fine.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Some DH or singlespeed fronts are really thick so either check thickness is no more than 3mm or use a ramped one.

roddi18
    Free Member

Geetee1979, Which renthal ring do you have? Also are you sram or shimano 10speed, dont know if that makes any difference but i am running shimano.
    I think my e13 must be specific Dh only as it is definitely not compatable to 10 speed

geetee1972
    Free Member

Renthal ring is just the regular SR4 and I use a mixture of both shimano and SRAM 10-speed; one bike has all SRAM the other has Shimano gears and cassette and a SRAM chain.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Is it an E13 guide ring? I have several of these running on 10 speed with no chainsuck issues as all. the internal diameter of 10 speed chains is the same as a 9 speed, just the links themselves that are thicker…

The soon to be released Hope ones are defo compatible though…

Edit, I use Sram XX mech and Mavic chain if that helps any…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘36T Chainrings that are compatable with 10speed.’ is closed to new replies.