Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 36h 20" rims suitable for alfine builds around 25mm width.know of any?
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

Hi folks

Can anyone share any info on 20″ rims suitable for an alfine build? Ive found sun rhyno lights in 36h but what i need to find out is if theres anything out there suitable (strong enough/narrow enough) for a brompton wheelbuild without being overkill.

25mm-ish would be what i`m looking for in 20″ 36h.

If you can think of anything along with the uk distributors name,that would be spot on! Ive had a look through custom riders,winstanleys,allans.. and a few others to no avail.

Thanks folks

Martin

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

i thought bromptons where 16″?

martinxyz
    Free Member

Its 20″ wheels on the bike already.Not quite a brompton but similar so the useage is the same level.They dont have to be super strong.The original rims arent anything special as it is.

rootes1

loads of 20″ rims if in the 406 size.. one option:

Sun CR18:
    http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/sun-cr18-20-inch-406-silver-alloy-rim-prod724/

ideal for a 20″ wheel folder – small wheel with 36spokes, well built will be a strong wheel

Velocity also make some nice 406/20″ rims in various widths

PS Brompton wheels def 16″ (349) and 28hole

martinxyz
    Free Member

Thanks Rootes.Its actually a Moulton! I don`t have the bike here and i forgot what it was.The wheels are definitely 20″ 406 so that looks like a good width.Great find,thanks for looking for me! I couldnt find much at work and at one point pages werent loading at all.

The next step is spoke length for alfine.I`ll cross that bridge when i come to it.

Thanks again

Martin

TiRed

My Airnimal has Alex DM18 rims and an 8 speed Alfine hub. The smaller wheels will be much stronger.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘36h 20" rims suitable for alfine builds around 25mm width.know of any?’ is closed to new replies.