Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 36 TALAS set up
  • cb

I have a set of 36 Talas 2008. Only just got around to fitting them on a new build.

Manual suggests around 80 psi in the chamber (210lb rider weight). If I put this much in the forks barely move. I have to come down to around 30 psi to get any kind of 'plushness'. Is there something I'm missing or are my forks (bought 2nd hand) borked?

Any sensible guidance appreciated!

Cheers

geetee1972
    Free Member

Have you got the low speed compression wound fully on – if inded you have LSC. On the bottom of the, I think right hand, fork leg, there will be a black, stepped cap covering a blue stepped dial. This is the low and high speed compression damping. If you have all the LSC wound on, i.e. more, then that would make the fork feel stiff when you try to compress it by hand.

cb

Gee – I'll look again – thought I had turned both to fully off already. Cheers

cb

Nope – wasn't that – could there be anything else causing this or time for return to Mojo?

LoCo
    Free Member

Are they 'bedded in'? set the sag between 25 and 33% of full travel, set with you stood on pedals.
    Talas have a few more seals in them so can be a bit 'stickier' when new couple of good rides usually beds them in.
    If you need a service mail in profile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘36 TALAS set up’ is closed to new replies.