Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 165 total)
  • £35m for Andy Carroll (Toon>Liverpool)
  • binners

Anyway… this is all very well, but i think we all know that there’s only one opinion counts here on the subject of scouseness. Where’s Elfin/Fred?

Fred…. Given that Liverpool ended up so dire a team due to the previous manager/owners spunking away millions of quid on ridiculously over-valued players, what does this tell us about the new direction of the new owners/manager at Anfield?

Feel free to use any world war 1 ‘over the top’ analogies. You know… if we do the same thing we’ve done the last twenty times, that’s the last thing anyone will expect 😉

j_me
    Free Member

Loony Toons have rejected £35 million !

Jamie
    Free Member

If that is the case, Liverpool should sell Torres and just use Suarez till the end of the season. Then spend in the summer when more available for less money.

j_me
    Free Member

1652: Wow. A twist in the Andy Carroll saga – and it’s a biggie – despite reports earlier that Newcastle had accepted a Liverpool bid for the 22-year-old striker (see 1513), it seems they actually rejected the Reds’ second offer too. Just SIX HOURS of the transfer window left for the two clubs to work that one out – and how much does it rely on Fernando Torres completing his move to Chelsea too. We will find out, soon enough…

clicky
    Probably just haggling though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nothing definite in that story though Loddrik.

It will more than likely go though I imagine.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I think that Chelsea are taking a huge risk signing Torres for that amount of money given his injury record in recent seasons – good bit of business.

If Carrol comes in and plays alongside Suarez and they do well then that’s even better business.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just this second sky sports news says Newcastle has definitely ‘reluctantly’ accepted liverpools offer for Carroll in the last few minutes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was hoping they would let Chelsea buy Torres then unplug the phone leaving Liverpool …………………..

loddrik
    Free Member

Sky sports news – Charlie Adam in car on way to Liverpool.

billybob
    Free Member

1726: BREAKING NEWS: LIVERPOOL ANNOUNCE THEY HAVE AGREED A FEE FOR NEWCASTLE STRIKER ANDY CARROLL

OOOOH wonder how much?

chojin
    Free Member

£30mil was crazy, £35mil was ridiculous so i’m guessing it has to be something utterly unbeleivable!

Jamie
    Free Member

Just to put things into perspective…well….relatively speaking of course.

5.33pm: More on the Fenway purchase of Carroll from Bobby Otter from the University of Chicago: “Actually you shouldn’t be surprised by the Andy Carroll signing/offer/whatever it is right now. The Fenway guys just spent $142m on a left-fielder (Carl Crawford) over the next seven years and are going to resign a first baseman (Adrian Gonzalez) for probably about the same amount of money. So $56m for a young striker is next to nothing for these guys.” Fair point, Bobby. Shall we leave Newcastle and Liverpool and Chelsea alone for a bit and look elsewhere?

trailmonkey

You’ve gotta love the way the plastic scousers on here are trying to put any kind of positive spin on what is essentially a :-

Carroll plus £15m for Torres deal.

You lot think Dalglish is some kind of saviour ????????????

The worst deal in Prem history I reckon.

kevonakona
    Free Member

THey could get Andy Murray for less. The number of times he hits the net would make it a good investment.

(Apologies to random tweeter/twit)

the_lecht_rocks

lets hope ashley does the right thing…..

although i watched carroll’s interview on football focus a few weeks ago and he was gushing about the love of NUFC, the no.9 shirt, etc………..

EVERYBODY has a price……….

Jamie
    Free Member

EVERYBODY has a price……….

With this in mind, I would like to say I am available for the bargain price of £3m.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Does this then mean the Newcastle Uniteds don’t have a main kicker anymore?

grumm
    Free Member

You’ve gotta love the way the plastic scousers on here are trying to put any kind of positive spin on what is essentially a :-

Carroll plus £15m for Torres deal.

Um…… where?

Stuey01
    Free Member

Jamie, that baseball reference is for wages though, not a transfer fee, so it isn’t comparable.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Carroll is the most overrated player in the Premiership. I think Kenny has lost it a bit.

Newcastle/Ashley will take the money and run…..laughing.

He’s injured, regularly in bother with polis, has an ego the size of a large thing and is a bit of a tosser to boot.

Good luck Liverpoool!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

regularly in bother with polis, has an ego the size of a large thing and is a bit of a tosser to boot.

Good luck Liverpoool!

He should fit right in.

trailmonkey

Um…… where?

Here for starters

I think that Chelsea are taking a huge risk signing Torres for that amount of money given his injury record in recent seasons – good bit of business.

If Carrol comes in and plays alongside Suarez and they do well then that’s even better business

Stuey01
    Free Member

They should buy Peter Crouch back. I’m sure ‘arry would be amenable to a deal.

Underrated that bloke, just cos he looks a bit funny.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The worst deal in Prem history I reckon.

Really. THE worst? Are you sure?

trailmonkey

Name a worserer piece and see if you can change my mind.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Owen Hargreaves to Man U?

Not that he is a bad player, by any stretch, just he has hardly played due to his appalling injury record.

Veron, also to united?

Francis Jeffers to Arsenal?

That bloke that was a cousin of George Weah, signed sight unseen and was utter crap.

trailmonkey

that’s just bad luck, not bad business from the start.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Sorry, bunged in a few other possibles in an edit…

Take your point on Hargreaves. Was he injury prone before he signed?

Stuey01
    Free Member

This has to be the winner:

George Weah’s “”cousin”“:

CaptJon
    Free Member

The Premiership has just jumped the shark.

trailmonkey – Member
    Name a worserer piece and see if you can change my mind

John Utaka to Pompey for £8m on wages of £30k a week.

j_me
    Free Member

Name a worserer piece and see if you can change my mind

Shevchenko to Chelsea ?

loddrik
    Free Member

No need to put a positive spin on Carroll. He is a cracking prospect who should develop into a serious cf. Yes the fee is a little high but if we hadn’t paid it, make no mistake someone else would have. As for having an attitude problem, he is young and will mature, I had a shocking attitude in my early 20s, but you grow up…

If you look at the idiot man city bought in, balotelli, Carroll looks like a safe bet. Carroll will likely be englands no 1 striker in the coming years without doubt. (though I cannot stand England)

tiggs121
    Free Member

El Haj Diouf to all the clubs he’s been to – complete tosser!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Kenny Dalglish plays no part in the transfer dealings at Liverpool FC. It’s not part of his remit as caretaker manager.

loddrik
    Free Member

+1 on diouff, one of the buys which heralded houliers demise. An absolute dickhead!!!

Edric64
    Free Member

Name a worserer piece and see if you can change my mind.

Jonathan Woodgate to anyone ? He is always injured and turned down a loan move to Wolves as he would rather sit o his ass collecting the dosh.

chewkw
    Free Member

bloody celebrities … 🙄

loddrik
    Free Member

I do feel sorry for the toon though and I hope they manage to get someone decent in before the window closes. They are a decent club with good fans, unlike Chelsea, a modest sized club with fickle fans bankrolled by vanity money…

I’d hate to see Newcastle suffer as a result. Crouch is a cracking player if you get him in. I really wish he hadn’t left Liverpool.

trailmonkey

Ok so far there have been some pretty ropey deals. I could add Bosko Balaban at Villa from bitter experience.
    However, none of them compare with the Torres/Carroll thing because :

At the end of the day LFC are paying £35m for Carrol, a player who has played only half a season in the top flight and scored 11 times in the Prem. That in itself would be a catastrophic piece of business. However, for the privelidge of aquiring Carroll and enough cash for a reserve international right back, LFC are losing a striker with the best strike rate in Prem history to a team that they would have aspirations to compete with.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘£35m for Andy Carroll (Toon>Liverpool)’ is closed to new replies.