Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 355's or flows?
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

Going on a do it all hardtail, will be used for longer rides as well as a little bit of messing around on jumps/drops etc.
    I'm only light at 11stones and don't usually do much damage to rims.
    I'm just wondering if the 355 is too light / if the wider flow would be better even with the weight gain.

James

Onzadog
    Free Member

The 355 will be strong enough but I prefer the tyre profile created by the wider Flow. And at only 470 grms a rim, there;s not really much of a weight penalty to worry about.

Lactic
    Free Member

Arch?

fattatlasses
    Free Member

I'm running Flows & 2.35" Nevegals on my 'Trail' bike and 355's and 2.1" Nevs on my XC bike. I weigh about 13.5 stone and am a reasonably aggressive/clumsy rider. Have been very impressed with the 355's, stiff and strong, and relatively wide – 2.1 tyres plump up well on 'em. Light enough for the bike to have a real zippy feel. I've wrenched 'em around a bit and they're still true.

The Flow wheels definately feel stiffer though, and they really give 'fat' tyres a good foundation. I run 20 to 25psi tubeless (Stan's) and don't get much rolling of the tyre on the rim. They're also very confidence inspiring through rock gardens. Only drawback is that, compared to 355's, they take a little bit more effort to accelerate up to speed (but they're def not porkers by any means).

Personally, I think for the type of riding & bike you mention, I'd go with the Flows and stick some nice fatties on 🙂

Jammy111
    Free Member

sounds like its flows ill be wanting. the bike will be having 2.35's on and sounds like the flow will give these a better profile.

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘355's or flows?’ is closed to new replies.