Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 3/4's or Tights?
  • Will_B
    Free Member

Need some new warm bibs for winter riding (road and offroad). Is there any real benfit in getting tights over 3/4’s?

Will I miss the extra warmth on my shins if I go for 3/4s? Looking for something in roubaix type fabric, any recommendations?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes, they are warmer.

The-Beard

Thermal bib shorts, then choose either knee warmers or leg warmers depending on the weather. I got the dhb ones from Wiggle and they’re doing the job nicely.

oregon29
    Free Member

I run warm and can only wear my thermal bibtights when it’s about 3 or below. Otherwise it’s knee warmers and ski socks.

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

Shorts… HAF!

Moog
    Free Member

Another recommendation for Wiggle this time the dbh Roubaix tights

I bought last years version, which I’d recommend toasty warm and stood up well to a winter of road rides and regular washing. Has the added benefit of amusing members of the family as you walk around looking like a circus strong man!

witty.name
    Free Member

After freezing my arse off this mornin over Cannock chase i have found myself this afternoon looking at bib tights on tinternet.Specifically the gore alp x windstopper ones.But having never owned any tights,im wondering if i dare leave the house in a pair.

gee
    Free Member

Tights are nice and warm. 3/4 good for when it’s not quite as cold.

GB

motozulu
    Free Member

Tights – %100 – if you feel a bit of a gayer you can put some ruffty tuffty knee pads on top.

*like I do

racingsnail
    Free Member

3/4’s (and longer shorts) I’ve got some Endura thermal bib ones and was plenty warm at -1 for a 4 hour ride the other day, had them for about 10 years can’t imagine riding in winter without them. although I don’t know who the hell though bibs were a good idea! Don’t drink!

raisinhat
    Free Member

My thermal tights always seem a bit too warm on the mountain bike, but I haven’t tried them in anything really cold yet. On the road bike they’re wonderful though. I usually wrap up warmer for road rides given the extra windchill.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

daft thesis– wrap up warm– what the **** is the point of 3/4 or 2/3 or 45/78– get some friggin tights and relax you self concious prudes..

BearBack
    Free Member

Winter riding, unless my calves are covered i get cold feet even in winter shoes and socks, so full legs for me… trousers though as tights look silly.
    3/4s with leg warmers looks much better than tights… it is a fashion show after all 😉

rudebwoy
    Free Member

nah– vanity is a weakness– dress for the test– not to impress

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘3/4's or Tights?’ is closed to new replies.