Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 31st May, anyone fancy marshalling at Lee Quarry?
  • Brownbacks
    Free Member

For those who have never done this sort of thing before what’s it all about?

Marshalling is a rewarding and entertaining way to support your local
    community and mtb racing……. well I would say that I need people to
    marshal.

Essentially we need responsible (over 18 only, sorry) people to assist in managing the event. The main role is on the course where you will indicate the correct way to go for the riders, signal if there is a hazard ahead (cool yellow flag provided) and call for first aid assistance should a rider need it. You will be asked to wear a rather stylish yellow waistcoat (with “Marshal” on the back) and will be given a radio to talk to the race organisers (really nice people)with.

To help, you get a full briefing and all the necessary equipment and
    hopefully a bit of food and drink. We ask that you turn up at 08:45 and be
    prepared to stay to the end 12:30ish. You will need to make sure that you
    can cope with Bacup weather (4 seasons in one day) and be able to walk
    about the quarry fairly quickly without assistance.

If you can turn up earlier we start the course layout at 07:30 and we will appreciate the help.

To top it all the “registered” marshals for the day get put into a free
    cash prize draw for £50 to say thanks. To register you need to be signed on before 08:45 on the day.

I hope you feel that you can help us. What we do ask is that if you commit to marshal you let us know if you aren’t coming.

http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk

info@brownbacksracing.co.uk

Brownbacks
    Free Member

we still need 2-3 people to assist, weather is going to be good so get out of bed and give us a lift

info@brownbacksracing.co.uk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘31st May, anyone fancy marshalling at Lee Quarry?’ is closed to new replies.