Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 307 sw 1.6hdi
  • owenfackrell
    Free Member

Does anyone on here have one of theses? If so what do you think of it and what is the mpg like.
    Many thanks

glenh
    Free Member

Every Peugeot I’ve driven has been horrible.
    Does that help?

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Not really 😉

MoreCashThanDash

Not sure if you are buying new or not, but pre-2005 ones had electrics issues (according to my 307 owning father-in-law, mechanic brother in law and the Peugeot salesman who tried to sell us a new one saying “The electrics have been sorted with this new facelifted model”)

We test drove one and it was fine – had biggest loadspace of all the medium sized estates we looked at with the seats down, but we needed bootspace with the seats up.

Yes, we did buy a Skoda Octavia 1.9Tdi estate with the DSG autobox.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

It is the face lift one we are looking at. We are after something with 6/7 seats but don’t like normal mpv’s as every one we have tried has been very van like compared to a normal estate car.

glenh
    Free Member

ok – the engine is quite good (assuming it’s the 110bhp version) – I have essentially the same one in my Focus. I typically get 50-55mpg.

However, every I’ve driven the 207, 306, 307, 307cc, 308 and 407 and they have all been a bit rubbish to drive (handling bad on some, all have nasty gear boxes, bad driving position on most) and all have been uncomfortable apart from the 407.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Do you have really small feet?

A right hand drive conversion disaster.

I’m only a size 8 and I found the pedals too close together. I was going to test drive one but didn’t even bother starting it when I found that I couldn’t operate the clutch without catching my foot on the brake pedal.

surfer
    Free Member

I’m on my 3rd.

I have the 1.6HDI SE with the 2 little seats.

Not exciting or funky but very practical. Bit noisy over bumps but very economical. I get around 55mpg out of a tank of mixed driving.
    Great for camping and biking etc.

Glenh I disagree, I find it pulls well and is comfortable on long journeys. Probably a personal thing. Gearbox and engine fine. I do around 30k a year so around 60k so far in this one and not a cough!

surfer
    Free Member

I’m only a size 8 and I found the pedals too close together.

Never found that myself, I am size 10.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Sufer that is the one we are looking at. Found a 07 56plate one with 60k on for 6k it also has the extra seats. My feet are a size6/7 so no problems with pedals.

uplink
    Free Member

I had the 2 litre version & loved it
    I did however blow the turbo up accelerating a way from a toll booth near Paris
    The repair bill was £1500 – glad I wasn’t paying

coffeeking
    Free Member

Curious as to the nasty gearbox and driving position comments by glen – I’d say they were fine on my 306 HDi Est., its pretty nice to drive but definitely not sporty. Certainly tested a few of the alternatives when shopping and didnt find any as nice, maybe its personal taste. Nowt to do with the 307 though, never played with one.

surfer
    Free Member

I had the 2 litre version & loved it

I had one of those as well, quite quick!

I’m not a Peugeot fan particularly (prefer Alfa’s) but these are very practical, reliable and cheap IMO.

Olly
    Free Member

my pa has the 110 1.6 hdi and with the help of cruise control easily get 57mph out of it.
    he says he finds it a bit wet, but he got his 12 months ago as he was spending a lot of money on fuel thrashing a 2l petrol around all his life, so i think thats to be expected.

ive got size 12.5 feet and have no problems with the pedals in the 307s or in my 206 (though getting in it after a week of driving a transit in rigger boots was a bit exciting)
    SWs are excellent IMO, the perfect balance of short hatch cars wheelbase (rather than an estate) with a practically shaped bum.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Having spent a long time looking at cars that seat more than 5 i fell that it is a shame that they went a way from cars like the old 505 to the mpv’s which don’t offer that much in the way of room with the disadvantge of how they feel like a van (to us at least) the sw does seem to fit our needs but after a try yesterday we found that we could only get our buggy in with one of the rear seats folded but that shouldn’t be a problem for a few years yet. Thanks for all the positive comments they are helpfull.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘307 sw 1.6hdi’ is closed to new replies.