Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • £300-£350 kids road bikes
  • lister

My kids both got money instead of presents from all the family members this year so they can get road bikes.
    We’re planning on going shopping in January to have a look in a few bike shops to see what they can get.
    Both of them are keen on the Wiggins bikes from Halfords as lots of their pals in their tri club have them. Seems like they are reasonably specced and not too heavy for the money.
    Anything else out there we should look at? Isla and Frog are out of the price range and as it’s ‘their’ money I don’t think I’ll persuade them to buy second hand…the fun is going to go to a shop to choose something new.

Cheers

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Options are unfortunately limited at that price depending on the size.

I picked up a second hand islabike luath for just over £200 and a BTwin child’s road bike for £100 a couple of months before Christmas but you don’t want second hand.

What about Hoy bikes in Evans?

StuF

*not so stealth ad*

If you’re in the midlands and they want to save a chunk of cash

stw fs

Rapide are an arm of Ridgeback I think

ping me a message if you want some photos of the bike

lister

Decathlon is a good shout, as are the Hoys but they might be too small.
    We’re got an average 9 year old and a tall 11 year old. He might be a small adult once he’s sat on some bikes I think.
    We’re all mountain bikers so it’s all a bit new for us all.
    Thanks for the sneaky offer but it’s new options only I think…

ads678

My lad bought himself an xxxs(I think) BTwin road bike last year. £250 he’s 9 now and normal size for his, but the really small road bikes have 650c wheels rather than 700c.
    It’s a cracking little bike, nice and light and pretty well spec’d for the price, but there’s not to many 650c tyre around. I did change the stock ones on his bike for vittorias though.
    He’s done a few 20 mile rides on it.

gearsrgood

Daughter has a specialized Allez Junior , really nice , runs on 650b wheels

downshift

Rouen 650 here, and absolutely delighted with it. Youngest rode it up Alpe d’Huez last summer at 9yo. Downside is the lack of cantis and clearance for Cx tyres if that might be something they’re interested in, but on the upside the brakes worked really well on the descent! Daughter doing DoE got us 10% off the sale price as well…

sandboy
    TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Have a look at the Raleigh Performance Road range.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘£300-£350 kids road bikes’ is closed to new replies.