Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 30 yrs.. where did they go…
  • totalshell

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13780074 18 at the time.. thought it was only yesterday ( ish)

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

where did they go?

Full Circle.

molgrips
    Free Member

They went West. That’s where time goes – West.

donsimon
    Free Member

Had a moment like that this morning, I was talking to a student about something that happened 30 yrs ago then realised the student hadn’t been born at the time. 😐
    I can remember getting a thupenny bit in the Christmas pud too. 😕

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

whatever happened to Texan bars?

mav12
    Free Member

anyone remember arrow bars

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

go on then manv12?

footflaps

54321 bars?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If I’d stayed on the local council as a plant & vehicle fitter I’d have 40 years in now & heading for retirement! (if not already) Instead I’ve got at least 6 years to go as a screw! 😕

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i can clearly remember, aged 17, listening on my walkman copy to david bowie’s ‘all the young dudes’ lyric ‘who wants to be alive when you’re 25’ and thinking ‘wow thats a long way off.’

now, 20 years past 25. life is a moment.

yesterday my 1st born daughter was born. in sept she starts secondary school.

but, the funny thing is yesterday, and i mean yesterday literally, i was in a mobile phone shop getting a new phone for the wife, Labrador ate hers, and was offered a sony phone with an onscreen graphic of a cassette (as in a cassette in a walkman).

what goes around.

rob2
    Free Member

I remember Texan bars

Anyone remember splicers?

There’s a museum of branding in London. It ace. Shows products all the way from lime 1850 to today.

But what’s great is they have loads of products from the 80s like quattro drink, funny feet lollies etc

All from one guys collection from memory. Well worth a visit

flip
    Free Member

Today i’m going to the Good food live and gardening show at the NEC, and i’m quietly excited.

30 yrs ago i was 12 and burning round on my BMX, and probably visiting my Nan later. There we would watch the wrestling on World of Sport with Dickie Davies.

Where have the years gone…..

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Just to go back in time (resurrected pic), here I am around 1984 on my BMX. After this I’d of probably nipped inside and caught an episode of Battle of the Planets, followed by a nibble on a custard cream and a swift session of match day on the speccy. Finally topped by buggering off scrumping and tending to the den.

Enjoy your day Flip.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nostalgia – it ain’t what it used to be

hamishthecat
    Free Member

yeah – it’s like deja vu all over again.

IdleJon

flip – Member
    Today i’m going to the Good food live and gardening show at the NEC, and i’m quietly excited.

30 yrs ago i was 12 and burning round on my BMX, and probably visiting my Nan later. There we would watch the wrestling on World of Sport with Dickie Davies.

Where have the years gone…..

Ha ha. I’m the same age as you, I think.

30 years ago I’d have been riding around the street on my bike, this afternoon maybe, in the woods.

I won’t be visiting any grandparents.. 😥

But tomorrow I may be visiting the zoo. I bought myself a new toy yesterday, a telescope.

Never liked wrestling, but I will be watching some rugby later.

Not much has changed really..

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Cabana bars FTW!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Thirty years ago I’d completed a 4 year apprenticeship and had already been working as an electrical fitter for 4 years 😯

khani
    Free Member

Thirty years ago I had a Mohican and was playing in a band in seedy clubs in Manchester
    Time flys when your having fun!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Oddly enough khani, I was doing much the same, only with a flattop in the Wakefield / Leeds area.

bigbloke
    Free Member

30 years ago i would have been 10 playing in the fields (not really allowed though naughty) swinging from rope swings and making dens……..now though its a Tescos store, garage and pool 🙁

or off on our BMX’s again to places i wasn’t allowed with a tin of Top Deck and some biccies usually coconut rings, we used to call it safari riding lol we’d be out for hours in all weathers, oh wish i was a young un again with an imagination.

I swear i was 18 just yesterday the mirror is lying to me though…..

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘30 yrs.. where did they go…’ is closed to new replies.