Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 3 Year warranty forks, no servicing
  • glenp
    Free Member

2010 Marzocchi – just fit and ride, no fuss, no outrageous frequent servicing, blah blah – sounds exactly right to me. Anyone brave enough to go for it? Can't be worse than stupidly high maintenance Fox.

Del

sounds great to me.

retro83
    Free Member

bloody expensive though

bungalistic
    Free Member

I hope they are fit and forget as I have just received a pair through warranty for an older set. Feel damned nice so far, and windwave have been great with it all.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Tempted by an old set of 55's in the sales on the assumption they will break and be replaced by newer/lighter/better ones.

ibis
    Free Member

Do they mean
    1.fit them
    2.Remove them and send away (due to fault a couple of months on)
    3.They forget to send them you back? 😆

glenp
    Free Member

Its easy to be cynical given their poor reputation of late, but its also pretty hard to argue with 3 year warranty. Hopefully Fox will be forced to take a hard look at themselves and sort their act out.

ibis
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with Fox just poor Maintanance by owners!
    (Awaits the fox reliability thread to start all over again?)
    Form a orderly queue gentlemen 🙄

neilforrow

a mate of mine has had a set on the go for the last month, he has been riding every other day, in prep for going back out to the alps as a guide… stripped them down to check them out when he got them, all fine, and has proceeded to hammer them for the last month riding the peaks lakes and dales. more riding than i have done in 6 months in 1 month…

his words were 'they have just been getting better and better' and 'not had to touch them' and he is a persistent bike fettler…. the type of bike who lubes every individual chin link rather than bosh a load of oil on.

he has the 55 micro ti jobbies.

only thing that puts me off is the price, even the bottom of the range ones are expensive… but if they are like the zocchi' of old, worth a punt i recon…

Three_Fish
    Free Member

My '07 SL ATA and '08 & '09 66 RC3s spent more time at Windwave than they did being ridden. The '09 36 RC2 I bought with my refunded money has been faultless since fitted six months.

If Marzocchi can return to the reiability of the Italian-made forks, then I will consider them again. My SubZero's '07 66 RC2X with thousands of miles on it, including DH, trail and almost daily commuting use, is the benchmark. It's going to take at least two years of quiet consumers for me to take a punt, though. Sorry Marzocchi, but you f*cked up in a very big way.

angryratio
    Free Member

I've got some of the new stuff.
    Running 44's on my mountain cycle.
    They're taking a while to bed in.. really constipated before you get um moving. Scotland trip in july will be when they truely get the chance to perform.

I think the La Chouffe cap makes them work way better though.

firestarter
    Free Member

if they are as good as the 06 ones i have (that havent been touched , ever) then they are worth the money imo

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘3 Year warranty forks, no servicing’ is closed to new replies.