Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 3 Peaks CX handlebar width, any restrictions on this?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Having last completed the 3 Peaks CX Race in 1999 & 2000 i’m gonna try again this year (pending an entry etc).

I’ve read the regulations and instructions on the web site which gives details on frame and tyres, but none on bar width – other than

NOT STRAIGHT.

My stock Private Jake has 42s and i want 44s, not totally sure i want a flared bar, but was wondering if people use flared drop bars on the 3 Peaks. Some of them are pretty w i d e .

I’ve had Easton EA30 Ergo before, am tempted by an EA50 Ergo, also the new EA70 Ergo (non flared) has caught my eye but is pricey.

I quite like using the distal end of the bar in the drops, but some seem very short here.

Lots of choice, any recommendations?

Also – tyre width is

The width of the tyre cannot be more than 35mm.

i have WTB Cross Boss 35 – which are a big 35 @ 38 at widest point – how strict are they on this?

Ta

GregMay
    Free Member

My Peaks bike has run 48cm bars from Race Face in the past. Non flared. I know of one rider who’s 50cm bars have been in the top 20 several times.

As for tyres – your call to turn up on a bike with tyres that are too big. I do know of riders who were given warnings for running Nanoraptors. But they are a bulbous 40.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘3 Peaks CX handlebar width, any restrictions on this?’ is closed to new replies.