Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 3 Peaks CX 2011
  • oldgit
    Free Member

It’s all a bit quite this year.
    I’m not doing it, but how is everyone else getting on?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Still recovering from the last one! Next year…maybe.

aP
    Free Member

Better than last year as I had a rather unpleasant toe infection and was on antibiotics. Not going to set the world alight but aiming to enjoy it. Learnt some lessons last year so hoping to get a better time.

crikey
    Free Member

Okish, I’ve covered all the basics, just need to do a couple of bigger training sessions and put new brake blocks in.
    I won’t be that quick, but should do ok.

oldgit
    Free Member

aP don’t forget, if you stop for a pee you’ll lose twenty places, wet your pants FTW.

Good luck crikey, couple of big ones and some recovery?

crikey
    Free Member

Yes, its probably an age thing, but I’m finding I really have to spend time recovering after big efforts these days. Did a 4 hour walk then a 2 hour ride on Monday and have been a bit wasted since. Well rested is the key…

DavidB
    Free Member

My first year this year. When do we receive all the race info guff? Does it come through post or email?

crikey
    Free Member

Think you just sign on on the day, all other info is on the web.

paul4stones

I’ve been generally much fitter this year and even done some specific training. Kielder 100 last week may have put some cycling in my legs (only about 85 miles mind) but I’ve had a cold since so missed out on this week’s running, etc. Ho hum.

gazc
    Free Member

i’m in, first time as well. not done loads of training but getting one or two 10km off road runs in a week in the build up. not much time on the bike mind… 🙁

twinklydave

I rebuilt my cx bike last night…and rode it into work this morning.

Get in. 😀

Look out podium, here I come.

Maltloaf

I’ve been carb loading all summer, watch out jebb and Craig!

gazc
    Free Member

most i’ve got towards prepping my bike is buying some pipe lagging so the frame doesn’t cut off the circulation in my shoulder when i’m carrying it! i might treat it to some new brake blocks… and dont forget your emergency bag and whistle! :mrgreen:

Surfr
    Free Member

Decided I can’t be arsed to do it. I’ve hit the end of my season and I’m well into rest month now.

Can I sell my place to someone else?

stever
    Free Member

Fair bit of shorter harder stuff, running’s back on track, plenty of hill reps. Missing the long ones, but I’ll get by. It’s only a 38 mile ride with a bit of climbing 🙂

mocha
    Free Member

feel like I’ve not done enough – as usual… At least this year I won’t have flown back from Italy the night before and hopefully won’t have a cold. Currently staying away from children. Do have a significantly lighter bike tho’ :o)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘3 Peaks CX 2011’ is closed to new replies.