Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 3 network – what are they like?
  • t-obias
    Free Member

As it says really. Looking at a new phone and they seem to do the best offer (plus money back from quidco). Any horror stories? What are they like as a provider?

Cheers

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve been happy with coverage (live on the south coast) sometimes I don’t get reception in the Downs but onceout of a dip it’s back, so not really a problem. Other service areas have been fine, 3G pretty good so you can play all you like at pretty good speed.

Only small problem is dealing with customer service, they’re not that good, tend to hang on the phone waiting for them and if you ask them to do something they often forget, so make sure you make your point well.

Other than that they’re pretty good, shall continue with them now..

PGreen
    Free Member

Good for the last two years, were quick to help when my phone was stolen (twice!) Signal is better than everyone makes out(they’re people who have either never tried it or did along time ago)- in alot of places I get solid 3g rather than o2 etc who it can be variable. then again, signal for me out in the sticks is a patchy. Call centres are okay, depends how patient you are with asian based call centres, I’ve never had trouble.

t-obias
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Two good experiences off the bat 🙂

Murr
    Free Member

you are going to get a bit mixed replys on this one, my contract runs out in february and i wont be renewing it was a good service to start with but not any more customer service is a nitemare just wait till u want to cancel and you will get nothing but grieve one advisor to the next,when i cancel it will be by letter to head office in glasgow not there call centre.

t-obias
    Free Member

I can handle the hassle at cancelation. Had to deal with nothing but greif from O2 a while back. Recorded letter to head office and cancelled the DD seemed to sort it as you say.

Just curious to the general experiences of them.

miketually
    Free Member

Been with them for a couple of years now. Had no problems with coverage (other than in places where nobody would get a signal) and they were great when I lost (and then found) my phone.

4ndyB
    Free Member

No problems in 18 months with 3.

The customer service is a bit hit & miss, so I just go in to the local 3 shop and let them ring em up for me 😉

convert

I did try them a year or so ago but cancelled within 7 days. The problem then (might have changed) was that they don’t have a 2g network and use a partner network for that part of the service when there is not a Three 3g network available. However, they did not allow any data transfer via 2g. This meant that in outlying areas (like what places someone on a mtb forum might frequent in their leisure time!) there was no ability to check emails, cricket score, the weather for the next day etc. 2G data download is very slow but sometimes very handy.

In the end this time I went to vodafone because they seem to have the best reception in far reaching areas such as West Coast Scotland. They have also started allowing tethering without charging extra and added openzone wifi which is useful to me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘3 network – what are they like?’ is closed to new replies.