Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • £3 cable mudproofing!
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

H E R E

The ferules have little tubes which poke through the cable stops and the skinny plastic tubing covers the inner between these points.

I’ve fitted this little kit to my new frame and think it’s really going to help in the clagg. I think it’s just the bits that go with inner & outer to make a Mudlovers kit.

There was more than enough to do my Trance and although it requires a little patience, is fairly straight forward to fit.

Wrongun
    Free Member

Yep, I have used these for years. They make the expensive kits look like a bit of a joke.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I have a set I have never used in a box somewhere.

I’ve never really understood why a lot of companies still insist on interrupted cable runs.

Un-interrupted with a cable oiler or two.. best thing in the world.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I had uninterrupted on my last frame and didn’t want to drill the new one so found these. I heard one reason companies still use stops is weight!? I think it would be good to offer the choice, a full length ring with a split and a little insert to turn it into a stop if you’re that way inclined.

But yes, I agree: full length FTW!

passtherizla
    Free Member

kind of makes the goodridge and gore kits seem stupidly expensive! adding to shopping list for second bike.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘£3 cable mudproofing!’ is closed to new replies.