Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 3 bikes stolen, CCTV installation, Feed back what did you install.
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

Well after the scroates got three bikes a few weeks ago it’s a new garage door with lots of bolts & a inner steel security door for the rear door, worth noting the Glideroll original door was useless & rendered scrap after they damaged it beyond repair.
    A master blaster siren with mahoosive internal lights all protected from being attacked, door contacts, PIR & now CCTV being installed.
    So if any ones has gone for CCTV I’d appreciate your thoughts / feed back.
    The good news is one scroat is safely behind bars & is going to crown court early next year.

alanl
    Free Member

From a Usenet group I frequent, Neal Champion said this:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/345830-d-link-mydlink-dcs-932l-wireless-n-day-night-wireless-ip-camera-dcs-932l
    ..it arrived today.

And I have to say my initial impression is pretty bloody positive. It
    was dead easy to set up (which I did in the lounge) and I then
    re-located it to the garage. I now have a device that monitors the
    view (and sounds) from the inside. I can view this from anywhere on
    the internet, via the web or a mobile phone app. I’ve configured it
    so that if it detects movement or a sound, it sends me an email.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

I presume this is for viewing only and you can’t record the video being as it has no DVR?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Where’s Ton when you need him. He sells all that stuff.

colp

I have Swann 8 channel Cctv, works fine.
    I wrote a bash script that runs on a Raspberry Pi and monitors my burglar alarm, sends me a text when the alarm goes off.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these from ebay from same seller, but mines a 960H, this ones the replacement which is HD, and 1280 tv lines so even better…

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/720P-HD-4CH-Home-HDMI-DVR-1200TVL-IR-Surveillance-Security-Camera-CCTV-System-1T-/111673922591?hash=item1a0048d41f

Have it on the highest quality and it records 2 weeks worth, I can get 4 weeks if I lower it a tad, but 48 hours is the most i’ll ever need. Night vision is great too.

Can use the phone app to watch any of the cameras or all 4 at once from mobile. It can even send an email when motion detected and a snap of said detection.

Can be watched back from the DVR itself with a connected monitor/tv, or better done through the internet from comfort of PC @ desk.

It records 24 hours, and also records just motion detection, (you can also mark off areas so it doesnt pick up trees + wind etc) Great as you can watch back just the motion detection clips, and if you decide you want more footage around an event, you can watch the full day of footage too.

Setup is DVR box which has network cable and power to it, I used a homeplug to get the internet right next to it, and then x4 cameras with 60ft odd of cable per camera. Simply ran them down through the eaves, and used self amalgamating tape to seal the connectors just in case.

Quality of footage is excellent. Hardest part was setting up the gmail SMTP settings and port number, so overall an easy job.

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

So data and power for cameras is on one cable?

I’m also thinking of something like this but wasn’t sure if each camera needed power and data on different cables.

woody74

We have a couple of these. Super simple to setup and picture quality is good. No need to faff around with extra cabling or having a hard drive unit spinning away 24/7.

http://mobile.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Byron%20Byrc944%208711658263564%20Floodlight%20And%20Camera%20With%20Sd%20Recorder?gclid=CISx5sDas8gCFQxmGwodCjcBnA

spectabilis
    Free Member

IP or at least HDCVI / HDTVI is where you want to be looking for decent quality images. Analogue 1000tvl etc cams are basically dead now.

Check out http://www.cctvkits.co.uk/

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

tagging for later, 😈

cruzcampo
    Free Member

mrmuddybum – Member
    So data and power for cameras is on one cable?

I’m also thinking of something like this but wasn’t sure if each camera needed power and data on different cables.

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO #

At the DVR end its BNC which goes into the DVR, then a power cable, for each camera, the cable joins a few inches later to become one. One plug runs all x4 cameras.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

woody74 – Member
    We have a couple of these. Super simple to setup and picture quality is good. No need to faff around with extra cabling or having a hard drive unit spinning away 24/7.

http://mobile.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Byron%20Byrc944%208711658263564%20Floodlight%20And%20Camera%20With%20Sd%20Recorder?gclid=CISx5sDas8gCFQxmGwodCjcBnA

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

If you’re bothered about 24/7 running HDD, you can either buy a Western Digital Purple drive which are completely silent, or turn on motion detect record only, so HDD only used when movement occurs. Although tbf even the Seagate Barracudas many DVRs come with are quiet unless sat right next to it.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

pectabilis – Member
    IP or at least HDCVI / HDTVI is where you want to be looking for decent quality images. Analogue 1000tvl etc cams are basically dead now.

Check out http://www.cctvkits.co.uk/

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

These look good, but nearly £500, 720p is pretty impressive for less than £200.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Being a novice at cctv I got a guy I’ve know for 30 years (has his own business) installed 3 1200tvl cameras a 1tb hard drive with monitor & remote dial in through iphone and the system highlights movement so you can pop a pen drive in and take a snap shot of footage & hand it to the police rather than sift through hours of footage which could be use full, all hard wired in, also a master blaster siren & some huge output lights, plus weather proof outdoor lights high enough up to not be tampered with, along with a new SecuroGlide Excel LPCB rated garage door & other hidden security goodies this lot might help in the future but it pisses me of that we have to go to these extremes to keep our homes / garages safe. I’ll look forward to seeing scroat get re sentenced next year as I’m being called as a witness.

simmy
    Free Member

Swann 4 channel from Maplin here.

Basically got it when some scrote lived next door and her teenage son smashed my window. Thankfully they have moved now but it’s still good to keep an eye on who’s at the front door and the cars and van parked in the street.

My neighbours know I’ve got the CCTV and, after a few incidents where cars were stolen, the Police and local PCSO have been in and viewed the playback and have been impressed with the quality, especially the night vision.

chakaping
    Free Member

tick

hora
    Free Member

Evening. Tbh you are on their radar now. I wouldnt put anything there again.

I’d love to keep my bike in one of my brick built sheds. Not a chance though. Even if it was only worth £200.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Evening. Tbh you are on their radar now. I wouldnt put anything there again.

how did they know you had bikes in there is the question I’d ask myself. The thieves get their info from somewhere. If lots more garages were broken into then its random, if its just yours then they knew where to look.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘3 bikes stolen, CCTV installation, Feed back what did you install.’ is closed to new replies.