Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2×10 front mech on a triple crank?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Want to convert my current single M780 crank/narrow wide setup to a 2×10 so will be running 2 rings on a triple crank.

Will a 2x mech work or do I need a 3x front mech?

Thanks.

cookeaa

Either will work so far as I know…

taxi25
    Free Member

If your using the middle and granny rings, I’m pretty sure the cage on a double mech wont be long enough.

FOG

I am doing that at the moment, triple XT front mech with an XT triple crankset but just twin rings, all fine. If you are using a triple shifter, still works fine but you need to make sure the outer limit screw is adjusted to suit .

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks!

Was hoping to use a double front mech as it’s going on a 2014 spitfire, I’ve read they have clearance issues on the front mech.

In my head I would get more clearance with a double mech over a triple mech?

Will be using granny and middle ring.

oliverracing

currently running an xt double mech on an xt triple crank ( 26t granny and 38t middle ring, no big ring) – works well, much better than the triple mech on the same ring combo.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Im currently running…….

XT triple chainset as a double (22 x 34 x bash)
    XT 2x front mech

Works perfect with no rubbing in any gear – but the cage is much shorter than a triple. I think if I were running 22 x 36 like I used to it might rub in certain gears. But this ratio is a bit pants IMO – too bigger jump to granny and occasionally loose the chain when shifting down.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Looks like it should be a goer then!

Will be running 24 x 36 so going off the above and providing frame clearance is good it should work (fingers crossed).

Cheers lads.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2×10 front mech on a triple crank?’ is closed to new replies.