Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 2nd wheel for turbo trainer
  • Flaperon

Trying to figure out whether tis problem is normal or just my mechanical ineptitude with bike stuff.

Bought a second rear wheel for my bike to use on the turbo as I was sick of swapping the tyre over for outdoor rides. Currently have a Shimano RS21 with 11-28 cassette, the spare wheel is an RS11 with my spare 11-25 on it.

The hubs look identical but when it’s on the bike the adjustment on the rear mech is out by a noticeable amount. It’s not a huge issue to retrim it being Di2 as I only need one gear, but I’m wondering if I’ve got something wrong somewhere…

It’s on tight, and the 10 speed shim is not fitted. Is it just normal tolerances or is the hub width likely to be subtly different between the wheels?

Cheers,

Dave

jam-bo

i just use a standard tyre on my standard wheel and accept it might wear a bit quicker.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I would think that wheel/hub tolerances could quite easily account for the rear mech being out between the two wheels.

Definitely for different manufacturers hubs, and most likely even with the same manufacturer. Different models, different batches…just tolerance build up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘2nd wheel for turbo trainer’ is closed to new replies.