Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 2nd hand bike shop?
  • mildbore

Got a pal who is looking for a 2nd hand bike but being time – poor is struggling with the inevitable waste of time in chasing classifieds. About 7 years ago I remember buying a 2nd hand frame from what I understood was a 2nd hand bike shop but can’t remember what it was called. Think it was based in Calderdale. Anyone know of any shops like this which could save matey some time?

damascus
    Free Member

Isn’t there a charity bike shop in Hebden bridge/Todmorden?

What kind of bike is he after? In my experience these are all low end bikes.

He would be better off putting up a wanted add in the forum.

jekkyl

ebay! or get on the local trail centre fb page, always tons for sale on there.

iain1775
    Free Member

bought some wheels from these last year, where like new when they arrived, they also do full bikes
    http://flatoutcycles.co.uk/

tjagain

Whereabouts? Bike station in Edinburgh ( and other places) is a charity who sell secondhand bikes.

whitestone
    Free Member

There’s a charity bike shop in Shipley between Asda and the town hall. There’s also one in Hebden Bridge on the canal bank. Can’t remember the name of either.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Send it Cycles

Send

mildbore

Cheers for replies, he has up to £1200 to spend on a trail bike, Sheffield based

chakaping
    Free Member

If it was my pal I’d find out what kind of thing he’s after and do a wanted ad on his behalf (assuming he’s not as clued-up as you).

stevextc
    Free Member

Cheers for replies, he has up to £1200 to spend on a trail bike, Sheffield based

That’s what I paid for my T-130 on ebay….
    Just set up an ebay watch – and if time poor then do buy-it-now only…

Someone mentioned ex-hire as well so you could try the hire place at Sherwood…

JE James also often has some new but last years or demo models and you have plenty local.

stevied
    Free Member

Try UK Cycle Centre: https://ukcyclecentre.co.uk/used-bikes/l/price:1000-2000.html

Quite a few nice bikes around £1200.

peekay

STW classifieds, Pinkbike or EBay.

I’ll be posting up something in the next few days that you /they might be interested in. Need to clean it properly before posting photos and Ad.

2014 Cube Stereo, 140mm travel 29er, Full carbon, XT all round, Fox 34 CTD Kashima serviced after the summer and not ridden much over winter. New schwalbe Magic Mary and Hans Dampf. Half bearings replaced late summer, other half about ready to be changed. Drivechain has about 200miles on it.

Pedal rub and a few scuffs but no cracks, dings or dents.

Surrey based but driving to Sheffield this weekend. £900.
    Spend the change from £1200 getting bearings sorted and a weekend away riding.

mildbore

He’s clued up enough, well known in this parish, he just doesn’t have time to search, contact sellers, wait for them to not get back, check all in good order, etc etc. He’s after a full suss, poss 150mm travel, something like a Commencal Meta, Transition, Whyte 150. He’s already delegated the search but that just seems to add another tier of time delay

woody2000
    mildbore

Thanks for the help people. Teekay, that sounds a bargain, will pass it on . He’s after a large size, so the Merida is too small thanks

finephilly
    Free Member

pinkbike is better than eBay imo

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah, buying off Pinkbike is usually straightforward in my experience.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Was it Cycle Recycle? They used to have a shop in Elland but it’s long gone due to flooding. They now operate from 2 shops in Bradford. One is in the university campus, the other is on Wakefield road. The amount of bikes they sell is quite staggering. Its run by a really nice bloke called Chris and a small army of volunteers.

As somebody has mentioned these are quite low end bikes….

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘2nd hand bike shop?’ is closed to new replies.