Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 2k budjet full sus 140 mm travel (ish)
  • zaskar75
    Free Member

Hi guys

Thoughts please on £2k budget for my new ride
    Full suspension 27.5 140 mm front
    100+ rear.
    Trail / endure bike

Clown wheels, but killer spec for under £2k (£1723) it even comes with Pikes….

Or the 650b Capra for £100 more – 160mm travel though….

zaskar75
    Free Member

Yeah looked at them lovely rigs,but got put off by forums ‘on another site’with comments like :”they climb like a pig”
    “Bulldozer” and ” you’ll need a defibrillator in your pack after a climb,”

Strange that – everything I’ve read says they climb really well. Depends what you’re after I suppose – it’s never going to climb as well as an XC bike, but then it depends what your intentions are.

I’ve dragged various incarnations of Specialized Enduro’s round the Peak and beyond for the last 11 years, so I’m sure I’ll cope – should be delivered Tuesday, it’s been sat with Parcelforce in Notts all weekend….

zaskar75
    Free Member

I know , to be honest it’s the holding me back hitting that button. Which one did you go for jeffsey or Capra.

Be interesting to hear you opinions on it climbing prowess

Still got a few others in mind

Trek fuel ex 9
    Cube stereo 120 /160
    Canyon spectral 6.0
    Nuke proof mega
    Cannondale trigger 2 or jekyll 3

And obviously both YT’s

Went for the Capra CF Comp – was going to go for the CF Pro Race, but it was out of stock in black – ironically now showing back in stock. Still, the Lyriks get great reviews and can be almost locked out for climbing.

I’ll let you know later in the week

jruk
    Free Member

If you’re canny you can spec a pretty good Aeris for 2k.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Bird Aeris for me, in fact that’s exactly what I’m currently saving up to do. Brilliant bike, sold by brilliant guys.

ticsmon

Whyte t-130 yari? Bit over budget at £2300 but it’s got good reviews (trail bike of the year in one magazine), not got the spec of the yt’s or canyon but it’s a British brand and if anything goes wrong it’s only a trip to the lbs to sort it.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Mate has the Carbon Capra with the Bos suspension. Says it is overkill for most uk riding but isn’t too bad all-round. Pain in the arse dealing with customer services for several issues including the Bos – which they then ship on. They are a bargain and well reviewed but unless you’re hitting big stuff or doing competitions then you’ll probably regret it and sell on.

Look at Giant Trance; Rose Granite Chief/Uncle Jimbo,Bird Aeris or Whyte T-130.

Trekster

Some good deals on Saracens if my lbs is representative…

I tried a Whyte in a couple of shops, 300psi+ in the shock to support my lady aris and it still sagged too much!!!!!!

Mate has the Carbon Capra with the Bos suspension. Says it is overkill for most uk riding but isn’t too bad all-round. Pain in the arse dealing with customer services for several issues including the Bos – which they then ship on. They are a bargain and well reviewed but unless you’re hitting big stuff or doing competitions then you’ll probably regret it and sell on.

Four mates have them and love them, although warranty issues can be a pain

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Rutland had a deal on the whyte t-130 in medium. Think it was a third off down to 2k but 10mm less travel than you were asking for.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Take a look at the Canyon Spectrals. I got one before Christmas and i’m really happy with it.

zaskar75
    Free Member

Thanks guys I’ll have a nose at the aeris and the whyte . Still edging towards the yt but not carbon spec $$$$$.

There’s a deal for a carbon trigger currently also.

Decisions to be made

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Get a demo; help to scale the list down.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Giant Trance 1 2015 great spec plus carbon rims too. Very cheap at Pauls Cycles £1699 plenty of budget leftover……..

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b4s183p5813/GIANT-Trance-27-5-1-2015

wish I had some spare dosh 🙁

sync
    Free Member

I got the 2015 Trance 1 a few weeks ago when it was on offer from pedalon at £1800. At £1700 from Paul’s its a steal.

Running as 1×10 with the sunrace mx3 11-40, SS chain ring, SS nylon pedals and renthal fatbar carbons it weighs in at 26.7lbs everything else pretty much stock including the dropper. Given what it is capable of transversing I am happy with that.

For the money it is a solid choice. Only slight let down is the revelations over pikes.

ade9933
    Free Member

Saw the cube stereo in the list. I picked up a last years carbon 160 SL model for near this price. Awesome steed, full of bling carbon and top of the line kashima coated loveliness.

Climbs well, descends like a beast and makes me look better than I am.

I heard the same about the Capra’s being dogs to climb. I ordered mine after getting dicked around by Canyon.

Good luck – you can get some great bikes for this price point if you shop around.

jonk

Whyte T-130? Just bought my wife one and it is awesome value for money and rides really well.

zaskar75
    Free Member

Ade666.

Where did u pick the cube up from in carbon n all. wow

Any photos.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Trance 1 as above.
    I have one, it’s luvverly.

ade9933
    Free Member

Hi Zaskar75 – yes sure. sorry for the late reply. Not too detailed a pic of the bike the best I have at the mo from yesterday’s spin.

I bought from CRC so got their generous discount and 10% off from BC membership too. I think they have sold out now, there were a few others around when I was looking.

Good luck!

thomthumb
    Free Member

Get a demo. Bike choice is very personal. I test rode t-130 recently and it was underwhelming.

It keeps winning tests/ getting great reviews but it just didn’t do it for me.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘2k budjet full sus 140 mm travel (ish)’ is closed to new replies.