Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 2cv's alive and kicking…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…who doesn’t love a 2cv ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41388419

northshoreniall

Parents had these as we grew up – rollback roof ideal for moist Ireland:)
    Love them, thanks for posting.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I have one of those that I “inherited” when we bought our house in France. It was hidden under a tarp at the back of one of the barns. it’s certainly “a project” but not beyond repair. It never fails to bring a smile to my face whenever I see it. One day.

RustySpanner

Miss my Dyane.

First car, taught me how to drive.
    Great brakes, fantastic handling and roadholding, and I loved it to bits.

Best car in snow I’ve ever had.

You can drift them if passengers stand up and lean the right way.
    🙂

About £10,000 for a fully rebuilt one. I would.

dovebiker

Great fun, my second car. Awesome offroad (skinny tyres, long travel suspension) and deep-water wading (minimal electrics). A woman was selling 10 pine doors locally – I rocked-up in my 2CV with the seats removed, undid the 2 screws that held the boot in place and slid them all in. Not sure I’d want to drive one today as effectively the whole car is a crumple-zone…

Klunk
    Free Member
    bikebouy
    Free Member

My first company car a white 2CV “le frog” special edition. Loved it.

CountZero

One of my past g/f’s had one, great little car, except in really cold weather when starting it could be a pain, but during the summer it was fantastic, roll the roof back, bash the side windows with an elbow to flick them open, open the little ventilation flap under the screen, who needs aircon?
    There was a James Bond special with a bigger 1600cc engine, IIRC. I think there was a 4×4 as well, but it had an engine at each end…

grtdkad

Didn’t know that was a thing…http://www.barbour4x4.com/kitprices.html

grtdkad

Madagascar’s love affair with the 2CV …

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41388419

Rickos
    Free Member

First car was a Dyane. Superb fun bombing around Norfolk.
    Second car was a 2CV. Also great fun, but both had shocking mpg when travelling west into a strong headwind!

tom200

My first car, it was great. Removable back seats to form an impromptu sofa, was a winner with the ladies!

I rolled mine into a river and got wedged between two trees, quite exciting! The roof was only 300mm wide one I hasp did recovered it. I managed to fix it by removing the wings, parking against a wall and jacking the passenger side back straight.

Finally undone by a failed engine and gearbox.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hoping to own one of these one day, my perfect bike car (for local rides, not sure one would make it to the Alps)

They are supposed to be great in the snow too with the narrow tyres, so says my Swiss friend.

MoreCashThanDash

My now wife’s godfather is a big wig in the 2CV owners club. Guess what the wedding car was for our bargain wedding?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘2cv's alive and kicking…’ is closed to new replies.