Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • 29er's – are they measurably better?
  • Keef
    Free Member

maybe he was just peeking ?…….

tazzymtb

Transapp I’m settin up a business hiring all sorts of bling niche 29ers for exactly that reason. I was going to call it bikeurious but realised that a google seach may cause a few issues. The same applied to hire of surly pugsleys at cannock as we were going to call it chubbychasers

transapp
    Free Member

Very good 🙂

partyboy
    Free Member

These threads are priceless, all the shortarses with small man syndrome get all shouty about 29ers as they know there are too vertically challenged to enjoy the benefits of big wheels 😆

thekingofsweden

Is this really still going on ?

Keef
    Free Member

well,it had sort of stopped,it’s past grumpy’s bedtime…..

takisawa2

Before I sold it, I rode my 26″ Inbred back to back with my virtually identical build 29″. (Only difference was 26″ at 32/16, 29″ at 32/18).
    I just prefer the feel of the 29er. It suits the type of riding I’m enjoying these days. Happy days.

tazzymtb

well,it had sort of stopped,it’s past grumpy’s bedtime….

careful now

ssjeff
    Free Member

I think this is a picture of that grum fellow.
    He looks just like that grumpy cat up there^^

Bordeaux by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

emac65
    Free Member

xckeith1 – Member
    I can confirm that JJ takes it far,far seriouslier than me,and that I always let him ‘win’ because no one can stand to watch him blub.
    oh,and he does something he calls ‘hill reps’ or somesuch.

It’s true I have been known to cry like a little girl but only when someone has the audacity to mock the bike I ride……………. :?………. hold on that’s not me that’s you isn’t it…… 8)

Hill reps can’t beat ’em…..

Keef
    Free Member

oh JJ ,stop you’re making me cry now,I fear my very sides are about to explode ! (in a similar way to one of those ridiculous 29er wheel things)
    😆

jameso

I’m settin up a business hiring all sorts of bling niche 29ers for exactly that reason. I was going to call it bikeurious but realised that a google seach may cause a few issues.

Just wondered what was keeping this one going and read that, brilliant.. : )

I do think fatbike hire would be a good business for a shop / trail centre though, ideal for attracting non-riders as well as the seen-it-all types. They just scream ‘ride me i’m fun’ .. ahem. They look like a laugh and might appeal to a wider group than a 2k fs bike.

tazzymtb

I do think fatbike hire would be a good business

yes, but what could you call it? as mentioned chubby chasers is out, as is anything related to paying to play with BBW’s (Big bouncy wheels) as they both would cause lots of internet hits from deviants……might be the right demographic for fat bikes actually…..result!

jameso

There’s no such thing as negative press these days.. maybe. General innuendo is ok but fat-ist may be too much?

Seriously tho, I know a shop in Scotland that did really well with iO ID hire bikes as they are simple and the Alfine gears don’t intimidate newbies. A SS fat bike would have loads of appeal in that way. Based near a beach or flat forest trails? Winner.

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘29er's – are they measurably better?’ is closed to new replies.