Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • 29ers
  • TooTall
    Free Member

What my height?

That is not height – it is the inverse of height!

Do you want to try my Sultan now you are a 29er man? The bars might be a bit wide for you tho 😉

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Do any of you know if anyone does a slack 29er with 120 to 140 travel, F/S or H/T that would be good for some agro xc, Glentress, and Laggen trail centers??

My trek Rumblefish 2 was perfect for ‘aggressive’ trail centres, but being a trek they used whatever cheap rims they could squuze their suppliers for and fitted it with a low volume shock so when i climbed hills it squatted and even with max psi in it, it couldn’t achieve more than 40% sag 😯

Trek refused to change the shock (that Mojo said was for a small framed 26er not a 19″ big wheeler) so I sold it to someone who wasn’t more than 12 stone….

I replaced it with a Lapierre Zesty 514 which was fitted with large volume shock and is most excellent.

I had a Niner Air 9 HT which was awesome too, but being scandium was rock hard and destroyed my back

devs
    Free Member

Update just in – you’re going to die.

Should be perfect for those farm tracks and forest roads you guys ride.

He’s a cheeky monkey isn’t he? Lossie and back for him next time he’s up then and the cycle path of doom.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Do you want to try my Sultan now you are a 29er man? The bars might be a bit wide for you tho

Bars will probably be alright, I rode 780s the toher day and I kinda liked it. I’ll give the Sultan a spin if you bring the step ladder 😛

Obviously my 17.5″ Trek would look like a ladies step through to you!

evilclosetmonkey
    Free Member

Why do you need so much travel for a trail centre like GT? I’m running 100mm rebas on my EMD and it eats spooky woods and the like for breakfast.

I run a 120mm travel f/s at Glentress just now and landing some of the jumps i bottom out a lot, i am on the heavier side 13 1/2 stone and think i would need atleast that on a 29er, normally a bit more travel means a slacker head angle also which i prefer.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Strange, I’m 14 stone or thereabouts and there is only one landing I can think of where I actually bottom the travel, even then it was a cackhanded landing.I know what you are saying about the slacker angle but I found the opposite curiously enough, my HX 2 was running the same forks at 120mm and felt all wrong, I’m not sure head angle is the be all and end all as if you look at the geo for the Niner it shouldn’t feel as competent as it does on the downward stuff. I’m convinced alot of it has to do with body position/balance on the bike i.e too much weight over the front makes it twitchy or bottom as the fork has more to deal with.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘29ers’ is closed to new replies.