Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 29er wheelset – any one used superstar hubs on stan rims?
  • saracendan

Looking for a wheelset to lighten up my Trek Sawyer but not wanting to spend the earth. Has anyone used the superstar builds with their own brand hubs and Stan rims? Is there a better option for circa 220 quid?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Yes and probably no.

Some of the builds are a bit suspect though, friend’s set was perfect whereas mine needed a bit of rework.

IA

I dunno, but £60 more gets you hope hoops…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I dunno, but £60 more gets you hope hoops…

This +1

Hope just re-built my rear wheel for free on a new hub, good luck with anything like that from Superstar!

dblspeed
    Free Member

1 year on Superstarhubs\stans flows, no problems, wheels still true, bearings still smooth.

emac65
    Free Member

+1 what Dblspeed says(on a 26″ wheeled bike mind)…Got a set of Hope’s too that I’m also very happy with as well…But SS win for the price ime & imo of having had both for over 12 mths now…..

saracendan

Any preference on crests or flows? Like to run a 2.4 tyre up front to help with rigid front end. I’ve used other superstar stuff and always had really good aftersales support, but wheels are a bigger investment and just being cautious.

emac65
    Free Member

I went for Crests but only because I have the other set of wheels.If I were to only have the one,then probably would have gone for the Flows….

tomhughes
    Free Member

I was thinking about this, but hearing the mixed reports on the superstar hubs I’m going to go with hope.

Anyone know the best price for a set of hope/stans crest? I was going to go with merlin and have them built with DT revolution spokes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘29er wheelset – any one used superstar hubs on stan rims?’ is closed to new replies.