Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 29er wheels recommendations?
  • vdubber67
    Free Member

About to build my first 29er, and I notice there doesn't appear to be many options out there for a reasonably priced wheelset (or am I wrong?!) 🙂

I appear to own a 29er front wheel already, so any recommendations for a bargain rear wheel or set out there on the interweb (and yes I have tried google thanks!)

🙂

phatstanley
    Free Member

i've used mavic TN719 rims and shimano 756 hubs (w/ solid nutted axle)and kris holm rim in the rear with much success…

JRTG
    Free Member

if you can afford it get a bontrager 29er wheel. not that expensive for the Race Light version and very light. Or try the superstar 29er wheels look ace but yu may only be able to get the as a pair, phone them, they might do them seperately.

JRTG
    Free Member

forgot to say, on-ones are a bargin but weighty.

MrTall
    Free Member

I got both my sets (Bonty Racelites and Sun Ringle Chargers) 2nd hand but 'new' off here. Very happy with both. A classified ad may be the way to go?
    I have a spare rear wheel that came off my 29 Rockhopper – Alex rim on Stout hub i think. They were fine but i just swapped them when some lighter ones came around on here.
    CRC also have some reasonable deals on Sun Ringle sets and you can get a further 10% off until midnight tomorrow with the current xmas discount code.

AJ
    Free Member

Hope ss hub on salsa semi rim **** solid zero dish wheel that can take six sprockets if you feel the need.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I have a set of Salsa Semi rims on new XT hubs I was just about to sell if you fancy 😉

charliedontsurf

Salsa semi rims are lovely – we sell quite a few.

Off the peg ready made wheels there are few options. They all seem very top end. On my salsa dos niner I went for salsa semi on halo hubs. The hubs are great value and incredibly light but the overall cost is a shocker.

If you NEED a bargain try eBay and bare in mind ghat cyclocross and touring wheels will be fine.

I have a few odd salsa unused rims in the shop 36 hole delgardo cross for rim brakes and a delgardo race disc rim in 32 hole. Email me if you need a rim and I will do a special price. Bikemonger@yahoo.co.uk

TooTall
    Free Member

Halo wheels? Hubs are good, rims are great and not OTT on price.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=35055

vdubber67
    Free Member

Thanks all – some good options there – muchly appreciated…

rootes1

<<TN719 rims and shimano 756 hubs >>

yep same as mine – i like the old big flange xt hubs- i built mine up with saoium race db spokes.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I got stans arch 29er on stans ztr hubs from justridingalong very light and decent price.

jim29
    Free Member

+1 for Halo Freedom disc wheelsets – good hubs, stiff and 'ard rims – but a touch heavy!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘29er wheels recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.