Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 29er tyre set ups.
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Got a 29er for the first time and having a think about what tyres to go with. Bike came with an ardent, ground control and a purgatory. I’d like something large at the front and fast rolling rear, what’s about in the 29er world?

steezysix
    Free Member

Bike came with an ardent, ground control and a purgatory.

I’m pretty sure you bought a tricycle.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure you bought a tricycle.

Was about to type exactly the same.

😆

mboy
    Free Member

what’s about in the 29er world?

Last time I checked, just about everything worth buying came in both 650b and 29er flavours, some of them in 26″ too!

The days of trawling the earth for a 29er tyre that actually worked are long gone…

breadcrumb

Chunky Monkey up front, Ardent (2.25) on the rear of my Solaris.

Chronicle front, Vittoria Morsa rear on my rigid Unit.

As mboy says, plenty of choice about, very much horses for courses too.

chakaping
    Free Member

Chunky Monkey on the front and try the ones you’ve got on the rear, they’re all good.

mboy
    Free Member

If anyone wants a 1 ride old Chunky Monkey and Smorgasbord combo, both the more expensive Trail Extreme versions, in 29er flavour… Drop me a message. Came on some wheels I bought, but I took them off straight away, they look like new (guy I bought them off did one ride on them). Anyway…

£25 posted for the pair or £20 if you can collect!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Ground Control on the rear and Purg on the front will be more than adequate for the current conditions.

jam-bo

minion SS on the rear.

km79
    Free Member

Ground Control on the rear and Purg on the front will be more than adequate for the current conditions.

^ This plus a butcher for upfront and purg out back when not current conditions. Will cover all conditions that way.

MSP

Depends where you want your speed, I was a big fan of trail king rear and baron up front on my enduro.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Cheers KM I think I might go with that, what’s the volume like on a butcher 29?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Bonty SE5 on the front, Bonty FR3 on the rear, or SE2 or Ardent

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘29er tyre set ups.’ is closed to new replies.