Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 29er tubes
  • oddjob
    Free Member

I have quite a lot of trouble finding tubes for my 29er. I have a set of the on-one wheels that states that they are not suitable for tubeless so I think that is out (the tyres are really lose on the rims). I actually want some latex tubes or something light (the wheels are heavy enough)
    Does anyone make light weight 29er tubes and if so where can I get my hands on some?
    Thanks

Sam

Not easy… What tyres are you using? The most readily available decently light tubes I can get hold of are Schwalbe 700×45. Fine in anything up to around 2.0, large volume tyres are a bit much though. Bonty supposedly do an xtra light butyl 29er tube but Trek UK are always out of stock. Maxxis certainly should do their flyweight tubes in a 29" size (as they have light xc non-tubeless tyres) but don't. I have tried stretched lightweight 26" tubes but these are also rather puncture prone. My best advice would be to get some tubeless compatible rims.

hazeii
    Free Member

Try Unicycle.co.uk – they do a few varieties of 29" tube, from the Continentals (heavy, but I love 'em) to the Schwalbe SLs.

ton

700 x 32/37 fit fine.

epicyclo

Charlie the Bike Monger usually has lightweight Schwalbe 29er tubes. Works for me.

69er
    Free Member

Currently those nice chaps at Chevin cycles. 5 Bonty presta tubes delivered to your door for a tenner:

http://www.chevincycles.com/products.php?plid=m29b49s380p5767

69er
    Free Member

And buy lightweight tubes if you're fond of getting off your bike lots and taking the wheels out….. 29er wheels are a bit heavier, don't worry!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘29er tubes’ is closed to new replies.