Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 29er Suspension Forks – Where have all the good deals gone?
  • MrTall
    Free Member

Looking at swapping my last remaining 26" bike over to 29" (my singlespeed) so have been browsing for forks. I'm generally a Rockshox man and a few weeks back CRC had a fair few reba's etc on offer at around the £300 mark. I look now and all i can find anywhere are Reba's at the £500+ mark or the heavier Tora version at £220 (or £100 more on Wiggle…!).
    Merlin don't appear to ever sell 29er forks and most of the ones in the classifieds or ebay don't have a steerer tube long enough for me. Chevin are big into 29er's but also don't seem to stock any suspension forks?
    I'm not interested in Manitou and DT Swiss are too pricey again.
    Are there any half decent places to buy a reasonably priced 80mm-100mm 29er fork out there at the moment? I wish there was a mid range option on a par with the Recon Uturns i have on the singlespeed at the moment.

I could look to the states i suppose (i did this recently with a frame and fork combo and saved a lot) but would prefer to buy in the uk. Are there any deals to be had on the continent despite the euro exchange rate?

Thanks.

ton

nice set of white bros on the forum going cheap……. 8)

Bimbler
    Free Member

Wise man once say buy in August or regret in September

thomthumb
    Free Member

rst m29 are surprisingly good.

although i don't know who has got any…

MrTall
    Free Member

Wasn't in the market for them in August. 🙁

Ton, i looked at your frame and checked the geometry on the Chumba site but it's a bit too small for me. Just went for a cheapy as i don't singlespeed all that often really. Also need 80mm fork ideally, not 135mm!!In fact the Tora fork on my HT will probably make it's way onto the new frame and i'll upgrade my geared bike.

Chevin
    Free Member

I'm back in work on Friday (rare 2 days off!) I'll see what's about….

Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘29er Suspension Forks – Where have all the good deals gone?’ is closed to new replies.