Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • 29er Scandal's – Lets see some photo's
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Is there anybody shorter than 5’8″ riding a 29er Scandal here? What size frame is it?

tk46hal
    Free Member

I’m 5-9 and ride a 16″ 456 so I’ve gone for a 16″ Scandal. With what everybody has been saying on here, I hope I’ve got the size right?
    This is my newly painted Scandal which will be built up next week when the postman brings my rims!

ON ONE SCANDAL 29ER 001 by timoreillyhalifax, on Flickr

chainslapp
    Free Member

Tim, when you put the big wheels on it, your feet wont reach the ground you short ar5e.

tk46hal
    Free Member

We’ll see!
    Just popping out to do a quick 30 miles, maybe you should do the same to get rid of that big 29er tyre around your middle!
    X

tazzymtb

16″ scandal should be spot on for ya fella.

scud
    Free Member

No points for single speed i’m afraid, but any extra for liberal use of gold parts??

chainslapp
    Free Member

Cheers Tazzy, but he wont rest until he has fitted his stabilisers and sat on it to make sure. 😆

Heres a pic of his 456,

Rorschach
    Free Member

tk46hal
    Free Member

My new build 29er. Local bike shop (Firth Cycles of Queensbury near Halifax/Bradford has done me proud with the wheels. Salsa rims with Pro 2 hubs.

ON ONE SCANDAL 29ER BIKE 006 by timoreillyhalifax, on Flickr

ON ONE SCANDAL 29ER BIKE 014 by timoreillyhalifax, on Flickr

ON ONE SCANDAL 29ER BIKE 012 by timoreillyhalifax, on Flickr
    What do you think?

tazzymtb

I take it that sir has little legs and a long body looking at the setup….and you’ve got inbred stickers on a scandal….and worst of all you appear to have some springy/dangly thing on the rear of the bike, is it a kick stand? 😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

haha! – looks good to me although the bars look higher than the seat?

tk46hal
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden it yet! The post will deffo come out more when I have a go on it. I only just got the thing into the car, it’s massive!
    Tazzy, Springy dangly thing? What do you mean?

flashes
    Free Member

Being a little person I like the idea of a Scandal or possibly Ti 29 er but does the 16″ frame look silly with tractor wheels or is it just me. Pics of built up ss 16″ frames please, I can’t decide….

tazzymtb

flashes my silver scandal on here is a 16″

M6TTF
    Free Member

he means the derailleur 😉

tk46hal
    Free Member

It certainly looks very different after only having 26ers, but the more I’m looking at it, it is kind of growing on me! I can’t wait to have a go on it. The pictures probably don’t do it any favours as well, but lifting the seat does NOW make it look in scale.

jfeb
    Free Member

A proper-sized Scandal with fugly mud guards:

tk46hal
    Free Member

M6TTF,
    It’s been a long day!
    HA HA HA!

flashes
    Free Member

tazzymtb

The silver one looks um er “different”. (Phew I think he’ll never know I think it looks weird). What size frame is the graphite one?

tazzymtb

The silver one looks um er “different”.

gopping is the word you are looking for but it’s a the mongyfreakboy prototype forefather of later more refined things like ti 29er on-one and the ragley TD-1 (which is ace)

The normal 16″ looks much more in balance 😀

the top pic of mine is an 18″, the pic underneath is the 16″ with a longer ETT than the 18″ due to bendy tubes.

chainslapp
    Free Member

Holly thread resurrection Batman.

Firstly many thanks to Andy from this here parish for the frame, Jonny Rocky Mountain for the brakes, MBoy for the seat post and Fotorat for the chain set. Just built this up for me and my son to ride as a replacement for my recently sold Haro frame. Not ridden it yet as had a bit of mild food poisoning today, so will have to wait to see how it rides.

rOcKeTdOg

26-29 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘29er Scandal's – Lets see some photo's’ is closed to new replies.