Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 29er Rocket Ron – UST
  • pjm84
    Free Member

Snakeskin or not? Anyone know? Anyone selling them?

mattjg
    Free Member

Don’t know. bike-discount.de seem to carry a wide range of Schwalbe, delivery is reliable.

drbob65
    Free Member

If you’re using stans rims beware they a very tight fit, I found Maxxis tyres go one much easier, Ikons are a good alternative

mattjg
    Free Member

Hmmm that’s not my experience Dr Bob – Rons, Nic and Hans Dampf all went on my Crests easily. Maxxis Beaver was easy too.

njee20
    Free Member

You’re in the minority there Matt, they’re generally incredibly tight. The 2013 Schwalbes are meant to have a new bead which will be better.

They don’t do a UST Snakeskin do they? It’s Tubeless Ready, or TR Snakeskin or UST.

If you ride somewhere rocky I’d get Snakeskin.

coopersport1
    Free Member

I ran a Ron on the front all year they’re just tubeless ready, In my experinece they are a tight fit on Crests tighter than the Ralph I had on the back.
    nextdaytyres have them, although if you go for Ralphs On One are doing the 29 x 2.25 Snakeskin ones dirt cheap

mattjg
    Free Member

You’re in the minority there Matt, they’re generally incredibly tight.

Strange as I’m a right ham-fisted clumsy bugger, Ihave neither strength nor finesse. Maybe that’s the secret! Anyway bring ’em round I’ll do them ….

If I found them as tight as you guys describe, I wouldn’t use them on the trail.

They don’t do a UST Snakeskin do they? It’s Tubeless Ready, or TR Snakeskin or UST.

I am totally baffled by all these acronyms & buzzwords.

I can confirm my new NN, which I believe is Snakeskin, has noticeably tougher sidewalls than the Rons I have. I managed to split a Ron near Holmbury St M, god knows how, they are a bit fragile.

Cheezpleez

I’ve also fitted Rons and Ralphs on Crests with zero probs. Went on much easier than either a Bontrager somethingorother or a Smorgasbord

pjm84
    Free Member

Didn’t have a problem getting the Rocket Rons on my Stans Archs (lot easier than the Geax TNT AKA which require a G clamp) but mistakely thought they were S/Skin.

9km later I found out they were made of tracing paper with a front side wall tear on a descent. My 4hr Enduro lasted 35min.

Have asked Schwalbe but no response.

Contemplating whether to throw the rear away or replace the front with a UST on the hope the additional weight corresponds to some reasonable side wall durability.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘29er Rocket Ron – UST’ is closed to new replies.