• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by dobo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 29er rims
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

I am looking for a new set of rims, and want to go tubeless. I have Mavic 719s at the moment, with the rear slightly bucked, so need replacing anyhow.
    Any thoughts on what I should go for? Have been looking at some superstar rims, or should I just go the the Stans ZTR Flow.
    Not had the best of luck with rims so far, having buckled a few!

RoterStern
    Free Member

I managed to buckle a Flow on my 29er. So I would go for an Arch or perhaps Chinese carbon, Light Bicycle/Nextie etc.

a11y

WTB i25. I dinged one on Ft William DH track but holding up well otherwise on my 29er.

chakaping
    Free Member

The Superstar ones are very good. No need to spend more IMO.

(I’m talking about the DS25 btw)

fudge9202
    Free Member

Just bought WTB ST i23 rims to pair with hub pro II evo hubs, not sure how strong they are but bought on recommendation. Get good reviews and look good aswell.
    Cheap on CRC.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I had some i19s, both mashed, I know I should not judge a brand on one product, but a little reluctant to go with the WTBs again…. hopefully someone can prove me wrong.

a11y

I’m finding the WTBs in i25 flavour pretty good. I swapped from Stans Arch which I found weak and flexy. Running them on my Enduro 29er with a burly build. Burly myself at 90ish kgs. Bashed out a few runs on the orange (World Cup) DH track at Ft William after selling my DH bike and as said only one ding before I broke myself. I got on well with older WTB “All Mountain” rims on my HT previously so stuck with the brand.

dobo
    Free Member

I’m using pacenti TL28, got them on the cheap from superstar and still true. They work excellent with snakeskin rons/ralphs tubeless and arnt flexy like crests..
    They also do a lighter version cl25

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘29er rims’ is closed to new replies.