Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 29er ridgid carbon 'crownless' forks – whiskey parts, niner, kingdom, enve etc
  • monkeyboyjc

so i’m getting a 29er, undecided on the forks though.

I’d like a set of carbon ones like niner’s but cant quite stretch that far cash wise, but i love that style of ‘crownless’ fork. I’ll have £250 max so does any one have any experience with this style of fork? tyre width issues? etc

trail_rat
    Free Member

What frame ?

I have ragley td1 and a hylix 26er carbon unicrown fork

I have had no issues but another member got a duffer so your takes your chances !

monkeyboyjc

undecided on frame at the mo – its between two/three, singular swift & cotic simple or possibly a chumba HX2.

The chumba and Cotic both have the option of running a tapered steerer, the singular does not.

whats the tyre clearance like on the Hylix?

bobalong
    Free Member

I know they’re not crownless, but they’re an amazing pair of forks…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-dt-swiss-xrr470-rigid-carbon-fork-ideal-for-29ers-b165b

monkeyboyjc

ah yes, but i could have these, new, for £105….

cynic-al
    Free Member

I may have an unused pair of Hylix for sale…

There is another brand, looks the same, more £ but lighter IIRC.

trail_rat
    Free Member
    igm

Sam at Singular got me a very good deal on some Niner forks when I bought one of his frames, but it was two years ago.

monkeyboyjc

thanks trail rat – thats exactly the sort of photo i was after – most of these fork manufaturers say that they’re suitable for maximum 60-65mm tyres, but not what that means in the real world (mud clearance etc).

onandon
    Free Member

The kingdom forks are actually very good regardless of price.
    I have a few sets of carbon forks from pace, Hylix,trigon, massi and kingdom so have a good base for comparison.

takisawa2

Bit heavier, but I prefer the feel of the Swift steel forks to the carbon ones I had, but they were the On-One type.

brant
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘29er ridgid carbon 'crownless' forks – whiskey parts, niner, kingdom, enve etc’ is closed to new replies.