Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 29er HT Frame
  • samcuk87
    Free Member

I’m looking to build up a 29er hardtail but I already have all the parts I’ll remove from my full sus for the winter.

The problem I’m having is I have a 160mm fork and need boost spacing, I may not have looked well enough but I can’t see anything that will run a 160mm fork?

Anyone seen anything out there?

cookeaa

NS Eccentric Djambo Evo?
    Says up to 150mm, I’m sure an extra 10mm wouldn’t be too much of a problem…

Could you reduce the fork travel at all?

spev

Ragley Bigwig? Takes 150mm, 160 be no problem, what size you need as my mate is selling an XL in green, 5 rides old.

samcuk87
    Free Member

I could reduce he travel but I don’t really want the faff when I’ll be putting it back on the RocketMAX when the weather gets better.

I’d ideally need a L.

jfb01
    Free Member

Pipedream moxie would suit your needs,but they do not land until Jan 2018.I would not have thought changing the travel would be too much of a problem,as a few months use in winter slop should mean the fork needs a service any way.Just a thought,good luck.

ta11pau1

Commencal Meta AM HT? 2018 frame is 27.5+/29, has boost and comes with a 150mm fork as standard. 561mm max fork height according to the website.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Chromag do several designed for 160mm forks but not sure on UK availability (I’m in Canada).

cp

Another bigwig vote here – 2017 model is boost and they’ll take a 160 fork no problem.

I’ve got a 2016 version and they’re brilliant. I bought it mainly for larking about on the dh’s at the local ‘trail centres’ but it’s really nice to ride on Peak District day rides too.

samcuk87
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, I looked at the Bigwig but it says 140mm max recommended?

Anyway, I managed to pick up a Genesis Tarn frame and carbon fork for £70 last night so I’m going to build it up with bits off the RocketMax and maybe go singlespeed… A lot of my miles are commuting but I do local rides after work or head off into the Peaks some evenings. If it was purely for commuting id get a £170 SS off Wiggle but its nice having the mtb at work if a ride comes up while I’m at work.

rOcKeTdOg
    bungalistic
    Free Member

Shan GT will run 160 up front and is boost

batman11
    Free Member

Bungalistic the Shan gt is 120 to 140 max. It’s the 27.5 Shan that is based around a 150/160mm fork

chakaping
    Free Member

You’re painting yourself into a corner a bit with a 160mm fork.

I’d consider picking up a secondhand fork as well as a frame if you don’t want to change the airshaft.

coomber
    Free Member

samcuk87 – Member

Thanks for the advice, I looked at the Bigwig but it says 140mm max recommended?

Anyway, I managed to pick up a Genesis Tarn frame and carbon fork for £70

Really? That sounds an absolute bargain **jealous**

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘29er HT Frame’ is closed to new replies.