• This topic has 30 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by OCB.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • 29er harcore hardtail version 1.1 (eye bleach may be required)
  • tazzymtb

Seeing as I have a spare 29er frame knocking about that’s been used to lend to folks (of a shorter stature) to see if they like big wheels I thought I may as well chuck some spare bits and bobs on and have created this monstrosity

120mm forks, silly sized wheels, chuckable frame, massive bars (until my jones loops turn up from the nice Mr biff)

It’s like a big bmx so it’ll be great days out in the peak and saves me panicking about dropping my carbon bottomed salsa in big rocky things.

Feel free to poke fun, vomit into a bag etc…

Version 1.2 may well have jones truss forks and massive front tyre 😀

please note the phrase “Hardcore” is used in a very tongue in cheek manner as I’m a mincer of the highest order

hoojum
    Free Member

Sorry Tazzymtb, I like it.

shinsplints

Erm…I’m confused. I really like it. Like, really.

scaredypants

can I have 30 days in the “when will the seat-tube crack appear” sweep ? 🙂

looks good though

singlespeedstu

I hope you’ll be wearing body armour when mincing that thing round your local trail center young man.

PePPeR

Your front end looks a little steep like my new Heavy duty mincing 29er. But I do like the frame. Excuse my ignorance what is it?

The forks had too much negative pressure in them at the time (since corrected and it looks sooo much better).

I like the look of the 120mm forks, if my dog hadn’t just cost me £1500 this past three weeks then I may have been a little tempted to order some of the ones that On One have on offer!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just looks like every other 29er. Wrong.

epicsteve
    Free Member

That looks like it’s been involved in an accident.

tazzymtb

scaredypants- there’s loads of seatpost in the frame still so it’ll be fine It has been for ages.

pepper- it’s a joneshound

stumpy01

Erm, weirdly I quite like it, although it does look like it’s been crashed – hard!

tazzymtb

That looks like it’s been involved in an accident.

with me riding it, most definitely 😆

tazzymtb

stu will this be ok?

tk46hal
    Free Member

Don’t let Chainslapp ride it or it will be written off! 😆

singlespeedstu

That should do nicely.
    The colour even matches the frame.

Clink

Looks fab! Wasn’t it designed for rigid forks though? I’d be a tad worried about it cracking 😯

tazzymtb

tk46hal – after his last tree hugging experience I think he’s a bit scared of riding with me 😉

chainslapp
    Free Member

Hellllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 😳

tazzymtb

clink, it’s got a big old brace under the headtube and if it cracks, **** it, it’s only a play bike ( although the axle to crown on a 120mm manitou is only a bit bigger than the 80mm rebas I had on its racey version)

tazzymtb

it needs some fat rubber as well

and a nice bell

and maybe a basket on the front

and a rotor Q ring

chainslapp
    Free Member

And a hands free mobile phone kit to call the air ambulance from 😆

tazzymtb

it also means I go really weight weenie on this one now (I can’t wait to get my spreadsheets out) 😆

singlespeedstu

Your new fork is still sat in my front room waiting for you Tazz. 😉

tazzymtb

Still waiting for the bonus bunnies Mr Stu

chainslapp
    Free Member

Don’t let Chainslapp ride it or it will be written off!

I dont write bikes off, just myself.

tk46hal – after his last tree hugging experience I think he’s a bit scared of riding with me

Not scared of riding with you Taz, just need two working arms to hang on with when full on mincing. 😀

singlespeedstu

I’ll give it a polish for you while it waits. 8)

R.lepecha

I quite like the sticker on the chain stay. “One really nice speed”?

Where did you get it?

tazzymtb

Hmmmmmmm thinks of stu vigorously polishing his funny shaped stiff frontage for me

tazzymtb

It’s had a proper thrash today and all I can say is…..WOW that’s ace, it’s not as quick up hills as my other singlespeed but it hustles along quite nicely, as soon as it gets all rooty and droppy it’s bloomin brilliant.

It may not have been intended for it’s current use but that Brant chap can design a damn good frame!

Clink

Very similar in many ways to this…

..which is a hoot

tazzymtb

clink it was the pics of the yelli that made me think about it 😀

OCB
    Free Member

Very nice – I like it (mostly)!
    I’ve come to realise that I’m not a fan of suspension, but ‘whatever’ I guess…

Does need those Jones bars tho’ (better still on drops). 😉

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘29er harcore hardtail version 1.1 (eye bleach may be required)’ is closed to new replies.