Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 29er Full Suss…getting there
  • jonnyv
    Free Member

thanks to big scot nanny and burls 72.Ok i’m thinking Niner jet or RIP maybe salsa spearfish.I want to keep light not in a weight weenie manner but 26-29 ilbs max.My trails get proper sticky mud/clay/mud do these bikes have the clearance does anyone know please? Tallboy over my budget for a second bike.Speacilized doesn’t do it for me.Anyone heard any mumblings from Orange or Cotic on 29er’s?

keavo
    Free Member

all of those should easily build up under 29lbs. i have a salsa big mama that weighs around 29lbs with decent but run of the mill parts.

ton

my ventana, with reba 120, saints, kris holm and bonty fr tyres weighs less than 30lbs………………………honest……… 😉

tang
    Free Member

Brant mentioned a 29er f/s itch he needs to scratch…i reckon 2012 will see a big leap in f/s 29ers, sram are app doing more on the fork front options…cotic are doing a 120 hardtail 29er, think cy is testing prototypes. i reckon a ibis mojo 29er must be on the cards or turner doing a lighter weight one than the sultan.

tazzymtb

tallboy- nothing else comes close

the_lecht_rocks

what about Nicolai’s Helius AC 29’r or AM 29’r………

mind the BB height though…….

ton

TLR……………is there actualy anywhere in writing saying that nicolai are doing those 2 builds?

cos i have scoured and cant find anything saying they are.

gee
    Free Member

The Spearfish weighs 27.5lbs out of the box – the built bike is great value.

Clink

Anyone heard any mumblings from Orange or Cotic on 29er’s?

Cotic are getting hardtail 29er samples soon; also mentioned they might think of doing a parallel range of 29ers to their existing range. Exciting stuff!

cy

Currently only looking at hardtails. Need to get that right and properly understand the big wheels before doing anything bouncy. Even that may be tricky though, as having done some layout work, no parts would carry over from the 26″ bouncy bike, which means all new tooling, part designs, calcs. Not the cheapest way to go about building a bike for a little company like mine. However, I’ll look at it again next year once the hardtails are up and running and maybe find some ways to use bits of the existing bikes to minimise the development costs.

gepruts
    Free Member
    bigsi
    Free Member

Ibis Mojo 29er!!!

Yes please 😀

brant
    Free Member

We are doing an FS 29er and, I hope, a 29in version of the Bagger 288 for Adrian from Littleborough.

jonnyv
    Free Member

uh oh i’m back on the tallboy vibe,i’m going to napa valley in may on biz and i just might buy one,is this a good idea?

tang
    Free Member

what forks for a 29er bagger?

TooTall
    Free Member

turner doing a lighter weight one than the sultan.

Yeah – I really struggle on my XXL Sultan (23″ to you) that was built for strength not lightness and comes in at 30lbs all up 😕

Burls72
    Free Member

I did hear/read of taking an old junk bike over with you and packing your new but ridden and dirty bike in the bike box and getting away with import duty. Perhaps someone else knows a bit more about it? You’d have to check if it’s still covered with warranty as well. Good saving if you can get away with it though, same price in $’s as £’s.

slowrider
    Free Member

I’d be interested to see someone playing with shock/fork length and an angleset headset on a 29er to see if you can rad em up a bit…

tang
    Free Member

think i meant a racier turner dw 29er.

jonnyv
    Free Member

brant,tempataion.i can wait a bit but any ideas quite how long,3 months,6 months??

bigsi
    Free Member

29er Bagger ❗ FMOB 😯

pashand
    Free Member

Coming soon(ish)… Ibis 29er

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘29er Full Suss…getting there’ is closed to new replies.