• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Andy.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 29er Full Suspension Frame Only – What are the options?
  • tom200

I’m after a full sus 29er frame to build up from my current scale HT, hopefully funded by the sale of my retro road steed.
    The options seem rather limited. I would ideally like something along the lines of. A scott genius/whyte t129/m-109 for mostly xc duties, I am quite aggressive though, and enjoy getting gnar occasionally (hence swap from ht scale)

It seems like for the price you pay for a frame only you could get a complete bike?

ryderredman
    Free Member

I dare you to type ‘brant’ a few times…

z1ppy

Brant’s gone quiet on the short travel 29er FS front. For me the salsa Horsethief (2014) & I found out today banshee bikes short travel Phantom is due out in June – nether are XC bike, both are on my list along with the t-129. Both of those are frame only are the are around £1500 (guessing about the banshee), but are boutique have a price tag to match. Though the whyte’s look great value in comparison

Andy

Ahem – understand there is a fine Anthem X29 frame for sale in the classifieds 😉 😀

EDIT Although looking at the price of those Spesh frames; they are bargains! Guess I wont be selling the Anthem anytime soon 🙁

NormalMan

Rene59 beat me to it, so +1 on the bikescene links!

Clink

Trance 29 in medium any good?

roverpig

It looks as though Bike Scene also have the Orange Gyro frame (most sizes, any colour) for £999. The would also fit the bill for an XC bike that can get a bit gnar, I guess

swanky
    Free Member

Go Pyga or Tranny

tom200

Thanks, it’s a shame I don’t like spesh or giant! I suppose I could always take the stickers off. I was tempted by the horse thief (full bike for £1100!) not sure how well they climb though.

rOcKeTdOg

how short? SC superlight is 100mm

Andy

Didn’t Billys have Horsetheifs and Spearfishes for silly cheap recently?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘29er Full Suspension Frame Only – What are the options?’ is closed to new replies.