Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 29er frames?
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Morning all

Looking for something ‘affordable’ i.e. less than £400 for the frame. Pref with sliding dropouts so I can run an alfine with minimal fuss. Other than voodoo what’s out there?

Looks like sideways cycles have knocked voodoo on the head which is a shame as I was looking at an aizan : (

bigsi
    Free Member

What about a Haro Mary. Whole bike for circa £440 and you could then sell any of the bits you don’t need. Ok so its got an EBB rather than sliding drop outs but it would be a cheap build. 😀

Or an on-one 🙄

Buzzard
    Free Member

Bit over your budget, but Salsa Mamasita has to get a vote. If you look around you can get last years frame for £500 – £550

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

I run a rohloff in an On-One slotted drop out frame (Ti29)
    Works fine with a slight bodge for a torque arm.

Alfines use flat axle washers instead so should be even easier.

Highly recommend using with a Surly tuggnut.
    Slotted drop out has the caliper in a position where it wont pull the axle out of line too.

a11y

I run an Alfine on my GF Rig 29er some of the time, works well although it’s EBB rather than sliding dropouts.

A bit less prestige than the frames you’ll find for around £400. I picked up a full bike 2nd hand on STW classifieds for less than your budget a few months ago.

Gibbon
    Free Member

Kona Unit 29?I know of a 2nd hand 18″ and a 19″ for sale.

willsimmons
    Free Member

I have a Singular Swift SS which cost under £350 for frame and fork. It has an EBB and works perfectly with my Rohloff. Much better than adjustable dropouts in my opinion and I’ve had no creaks or other problems in the 6 months I have owned it, which has included a lot of winter wet weather riding.

yossarian
    Free Member

i’d forgotten about the singular! mmmmm

cheers all

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘29er frames?’ is closed to new replies.